Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:16:24 PM

Author Topic: Mach Turn Hot key HELP  (Read 4073 times)

Mach Turn Hot key HELP
« on: December 28, 2015, 10:08:26 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Mach support site although I can't tell you how much information I read on this site. I seem to have a problem that I'm sure that is my fault so here goes.

I'm using Mach 3 turn on my lathe and have made a dedicated control out of various parts.

For the joysticks and the buttons I'm using a 2 person arcade controller that I purchased on e bay.

So here is my problem.

I got the joystick and most of the buttons to work by using the Keygrabber program that was in the mach 3 download

example

button 1 (cycle start)  translated to 65 A
button 2 (Stop)  translated to 32 space
button 3 (single block) translated to 2131 <ALT>S
and so on.

So far I have the following buttons working correctly

Cycle start
Stop
Single block
Rewind
Coolant
Jog Inc.
Jog Cycle

I found the hotkeys on the Wiki page.

I can't figure out how to do the following

Zero the X DRO with a button
Zero the Z DRO with a button
Reset with a button
Feed up with a button
Feed down with a button

I tried using the screen 4 program and was able to zero the X and Z by assigning the Part Zero buttons a keyboard command and then assigning the same command to the respective buttons in keygrabber only to find out that after I messed with the load screen the wizards were all for the Mill instead of the lathe. Of course I didn't make a backup and ended up having to delete/uninstall everything and start over.

I apologize in advance if this is a NUB question but I have searched everywhere and can't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach Turn Hot key HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 04:54:03 PM »
Shew, been a long time since I messed with keygrabber. I'd prefer one of the gamepad plugins myself but doubt they will work with your setup.

Open the screen in Klaus's MachScreen and have a look at the buttons that perform the functions you want and see if they have a hotkey assigned already. If not assign them a hotkey but before you do .....  look at the Hotkeys view. You can sort by columns like any other spreadsheet. Make sure you are not assigning keys that are already assigned to something else. Would be kind of bad if you assigned the same hotkey for zero X as cycle start uses. You can get yourself into a real mess with hotkeys so be careful.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:09:27 PM »
Thanks for your help!!! I think figured it out by using klaus's Mach 3 screen. I think I got everything working now. (Late nights and a lot of beers)

All or the buttons are currently working although I would like to use something else besides key grabber but seems to work ok.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »
 :)
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!