Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Z Down Feed Rate DRO  (Read 6694 times)

Z Down Feed Rate DRO
« on: December 26, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
Ok I have a DRO called Z Down Feed.  I am trying to set the DRO so that in the VB Script Slow is = to a value like 10 and Fast is = to 30.  When I write the M6Start Macro script and I use this example,

'Z Down Move
Const Fast       = 0
Const Slow    = 1

This way I can use the 0 or 1 which then can be associated with a feed rate of 10 for slow and 30 for fast.  Here is what I have now for my VB script for what I called M2002, which stands for DRO 2002.  Anyone have any ideas?

ZDownFeedDRO = 2002                 'Z Down Feed DRO defined as 2002
SetUserDRO(ZDownFeedDRO, 30)      'Setting Z Down DRO to 30
MyDROVal = GetUserDRO(ZDownFeedDRO)   'Get current value of ZDownFeedDRO) 

Jeff

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Z Down Feed Rate DRO
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »
It looks to me you are adding a lot of extra gizmo's to the script that serve no real purpose. It is akin to walking all the way around the block just to go next door.  Please do not take offense as you did ASK (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 04:16:58 PM »
TP none taken.  So than in your opinion it is something not necessary  to do then?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 05:27:43 PM »
ZDownFeedDRO = 2002                 'Z Down Feed DRO defined as 2002
SetUserDRO(ZDownFeedDRO, 30)      'Setting Z Down DRO to 30
MyDROVal = GetUserDRO(ZDownFeedDRO)   'Get current value of ZDownFeedDRO) 

The result of this will always be MyDROVal = 30. So why not just use the 30 wherever you plan on using it, and skip these 3 lines?

You typically use a DRO to either display values to the user, or get valuers from the user.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone set a DRO value, only to read it right back in.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 05:55:23 PM »
HIYA Jeff are you  working on this for your ATC ??   Normally you set all motion values and LEAVE them be . That way things are MORE predictable. There is nothing to gain by constantly jacking the Feedrate of the ATC up and down. Set it and forget it. IF down the road you want to adjust it then simply do so in the Script.

The simpler you make the control script for the ATC the easier it is going to be to get it working and trouble shoot it. I have never heard anyone complain that an ATC script was TOO SIMPLE (;-)

(;-) TP

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 06:09:11 PM »
TP, Thanks for the input and yes the old adage KISS, I'm sure you know what that means.  This is my first time doing this or even messing with VB scripting but trying to learn.  I will get it and it will all come together at some point.  Thanks for all the help and input pointing me in the right direction.  I will post the screen I put together later tonight when I get home.  Some of the screen works but not all of the buttons function.

Jeff

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 06:16:20 PM »
Jeff you are doing a fine job. It just takes time to learn it all.  If I could send you a six pack of " Done Learned It All " I surely would.

But then where would be the fun in that ??

(;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »
TP, Iol good stuff!

Jeff
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »
TP, here is a screen shot of my Mach3 ATC screen11.  The LEDS For the Slide EXT/RET are so that I can see that they are going to the proper position, same as  the PDB LEDS.  In a big quandary of how to figure out how to write the code to get the Current Tool DRO, Current Slot DRO, Empty Spindle Button, Home ATC Button and Get Verify Tool Lengths button to work.   Any constructive criticism on the ATC screen would be helpful, as it's my first screen I have ever made.  I am going to pickup The slide cylinder, PDB FABCO-Air Pancake cylinder, air compressor, limit switches for the Slide Cylinder ext/ret inputs, PDB Grip/release inputs, carousel home switch input and one more 110vac air solenoid valve.  As you can see on the ATC screen, I have a relay that will open and close an air solenoid to blow air on the TTS tool after it is put back into the tool carousel.  I want to have everything hooked up even if it is just laying on the floor to see the stuff working.  To me making all the brackets to get the Tool Carousel mounted to the Mill Table won't be a hard as this programming stuff!

Jeff
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »
Wow that attachment was huge.  Here is a smaller one I hope.