Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:12:38 PM

Author Topic: Limit switch issues  (Read 38251 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Limit switch issues
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »
Enabled the limits, after I asked and he told me that they were, even though they were not. :)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »
Enabled the limits, after I asked and he told me that they were, even though they were not. :)

Thanks Gerry,

That is exactly what you asked him in reply #2 (he could have saved 14 pages of other peoples time).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2015, 12:13:06 PM »
Hi Mike,

So what exactly is it that you have done to cure the problem ??

Tweakie.

enabled the limit switches, configured them correctly, enabled the home switches and configured them correctly, move the Y homing switch to the logical location, reversed the homing of the x axis so it moves in the right direction, enabled the z axis limit switch, enabled automatic limit override so I can easily move off the limit switch.....I think that's about it....
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2015, 12:28:06 PM »

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but show me by quoting my post where I said specifically in answer to you that the limit switches were enabled? I went to the 4th page and couldn't see where I answered YOU about limit switches.....

Furthermore, I really didn't care about limiting the travel of my axis, I was more concerned about homing....

Even after enabling the switches, as the HELPFUL user Stew pointed out, I still had issues with them going the wrong way and grinding into the limits...

If the two of you want to rag on about how much of YOUR time I wasted, no one forced you to read these posts....you could have skipped out 14.5 pages ago....I think ger21 just likes to prove to people how superior he is.....

You see, I have thanked those who helped me work out the issues, and personally thanked stew for his  help in a personal message....if you don't want to help, then don't...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2015, 12:38:37 PM »
Mike,

I think you have a major attitude problem - I take exception to you calling members of this forum Trolls. Perhaps an apology from you would be in order.

Have you actually purchased a Mach3 license in you own name or are you continuing to use somebody else's license file. ??

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »
Just a heads-up...

Until such time as Mike's license situation has been satisfactorily resolved with NFS he has been excluded from the forum.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:38:52 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE