Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:28:32 AM

Author Topic: Skipped code  (Read 1622 times)

Skipped code
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:48:37 PM »
Hello everyone,
I still have trouble finding the right way to post a question. I hope this is the correct way and someone is able to help.

I'm pressed to produce some instrument panels for gliders and a boat. Because many objects on the panels (circuit breakers, meters) are repeatedly used, I use subroutines for these items. This always worked fine. To my dismay I'm now confronted with the fact that many of the objects are skipped. They are drawn on the screen, but are not executed when running the program. I have had this before with 1 or 2 objects, but not so bad as now.
Is this a bug in Mach3 ?  Am I  the only one experiencing this phenomenon? I already had to find out the hard way that tool compensation does not work in subs. Maybe there are more pitfalls ?
N.B. Im sure the code is correct. I's simply the same line that is repeated with different coordinates.
Best regards,
Wilfried

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Skipped code
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:35:39 PM »
Show us the code. Mach3 is NOT known for skipping subs. And yes tool comp does not work correctly in all subs so forget trying to use it there. 

(;-) TP
Re: Skipped code
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:18:21 AM »
Hello BR549,
Sorry for this late reaction. But we had a Christmas to celebrate here and I was forbidden to sneak to my workshop.
I have the code attached for the panel I had to produce. It will show a panel with 3 rows of circuit breakers, 4 round clocks and some other stuff. In this version of the code, 2 of the clocks, which are visible on the screen, are not centre-drilled. This happened also to a number of circuit breakers in a previous version. In that version all circuit breakers and clocks were called with the same sub. In the current version I call the subs with the L-option and that made it work normally. Except for the centre-drill of 2 of the clocks