Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:19:59 PM

Author Topic: DOS Machine?  (Read 2933 times)

DOS Machine?
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:04:44 AM »
Since I became aware of cnc it ran on mostly windows type software. Has anyone have any insight into one that runs a DOS control system? Our Gov. surplus auction machine, a Light machines Pro 2000, mfg. circa 1999, runs on that. Contact at the manufacturer says they no longer make this type and will send software. What kind of problems can we expect to encounter with this beast?? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks, Killa
Re: DOS Machine?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:57:05 AM »
The old dos software works well! IT is not windows and yu can't have all the cool things but it will make parts... But you should know that in the dos days no many people worried about CV so your cut times are going to be a bit slower :(

What is the cost of the upgrade?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: DOS Machine?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »
The company, Lightmachines, sent my boss the software to run the machine with the current upgrades, last upgraded in Feb. 2007. So I guess we'll be using that to get into cnc production, sort of a "get our feet wet" scenario. I think we will make some money with this machine and then upgrade to a larger capacity machine with a current cad-cam software package. It's his show and I just tag along for the ride.