Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:56:50 PM

Author Topic: Soft / Homing limit issue  (Read 2160 times)

Soft / Homing limit issue
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »
Dear all,

I'm trying desperately to get my pokeys setup working. I've issues to get the homing and limit switch working. They're clearly connected however, once mach3 is ignoring the fact that the limit switch is hit (no error message), so only a quick Pokeys Plugin Configuration Utility window opening is able to make the limit notification for the DRO's appearing (no parameter switching, I presume a software bug). So after playing with the Home/Soft Limit setup in Mach3, I started to look after the Pulse Engine Configuration. Once it's working (only in pokeys), next try it hits again the limit switch (and the shared home switch) and the motor won't stop his run. There is any issue related to EMI etc... according to the screenshot - 2x home switch activated + Emergency.

I updated & upgraded everything, however, not a chance to get it working. I clearly don't know where I have to configure it, in any case, even in the Pokeys Config it isn't working as it should.

Do you have any ideas? Thank you for your comments!

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Soft / Homing limit issue
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »
Hi, Alfred

The motors have to stop as soon as the Pulse engine is not in running state. Hitting a limit switch or emergency should immediately make Pulse engine to switch into Err and stop the motors.

Which PoKeys device do you have?
Which version (latest is very relative)?

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope