Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:28:21 AM

Author Topic: Moving an axis while code is running.  (Read 6228 times)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:16:13 AM by Overloaded »
Re: Moving an axis while code is running.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 10:15:36 AM »
This is one I've used in the past. It works well but only for a lower power nema 17.

http://www.interinar.com/bsd-013g-8.html
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »
Okay Russ. 
I did think about something like that, but I need to be able to tell the nozzle where to go during my tool change, for each respective tool.  I was thinking that I could get an Arduino and program the positions into it an also have an adjustment knob that goes along with it.  That way all I have to do is give outputs to the Arduino to read as inputs to move to exact positions.  There's more than 1 way to skin a cat, just trying to figure out which is the best way. 
Thanks for all the input, very helpful.
-Chad
Chad Byrd
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 12:29:50 PM »
What if you configure the coolant stepper as the C (or spare) axis and include the move to position in your M6 script for each tool.
Then connect the little chineeze jog board in parallel to the driver to provide an override to fine tune the position on the fly.

Maybe ?

Russ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »
OR migrate to Mach4 where you have plenty of out of bounds axis to work with (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 03:39:21 PM »
Russ, I could do that.  That would make it easy.  I'll give that a go on my next machine.  No room for it in the box I have now. 
TP, the last I checked Mach4 wasn't ready with the ESS (not the latest version anyway) and I couldn't get the spindle to calibrate.  The axis movement, homing, and running code are all pretty good with Mach4 just couldn't get the calibration out of my spindle.   Very excited to use Mach4 with the OB motors and with the 60 inputs!
Chad Byrd
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 07:52:43 PM »
I was thinking of just fitting a bigger pump and hosing it in with a wide nozzle. That should work.