Hello Guest it is June 25, 2019, 02:45:21 AM

Author Topic: Z-axis Locked  (Read 1968 times)

Z-axis Locked
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:07:09 AM »
Whats up guys,
                     I am having problems with the z-axis being locked running mach3 on a dj3040 desktop router. The z-axis never unlocks after starting mach3 software, x and y axis unlock and move but the z stays locked and gets hot fairly quick. I have done everything with the cnc from check wires and connections and everything is good so I am guessing it is something that I accidently turned on or off or something but have went through it multiple time with no success. If I hook the z-axis stepper to say the x-axis control wire it works fine. SO DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADVISE OR IDEAS?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,817 7,817
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Z-axis Locked
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:47:58 AM »
Hi Lab-9 Design,

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps, as a first step, try uninstalling Mach3 - deleting the Mach3 folder - restarting your PC then re-installing Mach3 and any other drivers your equipment supplier provided (following the on-screen notes etc.).

Report back on results and we can go from there.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 02:00:58 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, I will post some of my background at a better time.   I have completely uninstalled mach3 and re-installed, even bought new a new stepper driver board because that is as far as I could trace it. its either a setting in mach3 or a in the serial cord but it worked fine before and just quit. Stumped.... its been weeks lol.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,817 7,817
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »
I think the re-install would have solved any incorrect Mach3 settings but  "Serial Cord" ??  what's that ??

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 02:16:07 AM »
Parallel cord is what I meant, I think.  The cord going from the computer to the cnc controller. Maybe i will by a new one and try it out although i am doubtful.  hmm.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,817 7,817
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:15 AM »
If you post your .xml file from your Mach3 folder (you will have to re-name it to something unique such as lab9.xml to post) I will take a look at your settings and see if I can spot anything that is incorrect.

Tweakie.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 09:00:27 PM »
Well Got a new cord and it works like a charm. Cant believe it, I thought about it when I was trying to follow the problem. Lesson Learned.   
 Thanks tho Tweakie..

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,817 7,817
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:28 AM »
I am pleased you have it working.  :)

Tweakie.