Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:59:00 PM

Author Topic: Tool table file format  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Zic

•  7 7
    • View Profile
Tool table file format
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »
Hello!

I need to know the format of the tool table file, anyone who knows?

/Simon

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Tool table file format
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »
be more specific, what are you wanting to do?
fun times

Offline Zic

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 04:49:49 AM »
I need a wizard, or an external program that can access the tool table, which lies in the tool3.dat file, in the macros catalog. There I want to change the tool names and dimension.

So I need to know the file-format of the tool3.dat file

/Simon
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 03:47:22 PM »
Hi Simon,

you can access the tool table with following G-Code:

G10 L1 P~ X~ Z~ (Description)

P = Tool Number
X = Diameter
Z = Offset

Best regards from Germany,

Wolfram

Offline Zic

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:30:45 PM »
Ok, thank you, Wolfram!

Will those changes be saved over different runnings, in the tool table file?

/Simon
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 04:58:28 AM »
Hi Simon,

yes it will...

Wolfram

Offline Zic

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 08:30:46 AM »
Hello again!

Now I have a problem again. I've found out that it isn't possible to make a wizard that do the things I need :(
Because I need to input strings and also I would like to add an image on the tools, read from a database. Therefore I need an external program that can access the tool table file tool3.dat

So I really need to know the binary format of the file.

Thanks

/Simon

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »
Simon, Mach sometimes uses the data in internal Variables.The info may or may not be in sync at all times with what you need. It could be disasterous to assume the validity of the data for your application.

Why not create a separate DataBase that mirrors your mach tool table????  That way you can do with it as needed.

Could you describe what you are trying to do a little better??

You should be able to Change the Tool vars inside the wizard using what you have available.

Just a Thought (;-) TP

Offline Zic

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 03:18:19 AM »
Actually that is what i'm trying to do. But I still need to read in the mirrored database to the internal one. I thought i could do that from within my program, it's too bad i can't :(

I need this because i need a tooltable where the tool diameter is recalculated depending on its tool number and which tools have been used before, the built in tool table can't do this.

Also i would like to have a little more eye candy in the tooltable, such as images of the tools, perhaps an OGL model and such.

Perhaps it's possible to to build my tooltable, call from a buttonscript and let mach3 wait for my app to end, and thereafter load my database using m-codes.

The shell VB-instruction returns a ID to the process called and there is functions in the windows-DLLs to wait for processes to end, but i don't know if the ID from the shell-routine corresponds the handle the windows-functions asks for.

/Simon

vmax549

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 08:56:14 AM »
Simon you can do that through VB calls thru mach to retreive the tool data 1 tool at a time X 255 tools. I am still not sure what you are trying to acheive. THe actual tool name is locked in by mach (tool#1,2,3,4,etc.) the description you can change as well as the diameter and length. I am just not following your process but if it works for you it is ok. ;D

I have a selection of tools with various profiles I just pick the one I need for the process .500 ,bullnose,ball end, etc.

Are you trying to tell mach you want a .500 bullnose x 2.5"L and have mach retreave the proper tool number???? Now that would be interesting. Art would just need to add an internal search function to the tool table. Would not hurt to ask him for it.

(;-) TP