Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:03:51 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys button console trying to install  (Read 4032 times)

Pokeys button console trying to install
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
What is the name of the program and where do I find it to install Pokeys button board?  I have downloaded the downloads from Polabs under Pokeys, but can't make sense of the programs.  The user manual casually says, Pokeys configuration software must be used, so where do I find this program? Does anyone know?  I put in a ticket, but they are really slow to return the info. Thanks, Bob.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys button console trying to install
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »
These days, a lot of tickets were opened and we are solving one by one, which may take some time to serve the users the correct and useful information.

PoKeys configuration application is a part of the PoKeys setup package (e.g. PoKeys v3.1.67a, PoBlocks, Mach3 plugin (1.12.2015).exe: https://www.poscope.com/index.php?route=product/product/download&download_id=122&product_id=87
Once installed, you will find PoKeys application in your start menu and on the desktop.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:07:33 PM »
Thank you, I have found the file, but now I have some wireless connectivity problems, so thank you very much, Bob.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 04:50:21 PM »
Here is what happened.  Pokeys program required .net framework 2,installer 3.1 and .net framework 3.5.  I was able to install the first two with a standalone download to my Win xp computer, but not .net framework 3.5, it had to be downloaded through the net from Microsoft, but I was not connected, so I bought a usb ethernet device and was able to get online all except Microsoft, because they don't support Win xp any longer.  So, I finally found the file from my Win 8.1 computer, it was .net framework 3.5 standalone and put it on my Win xp computer and was able to complete the Pokeys install. The website for the standalone .net framework 3.5 file is   Rushinformation.com.  So, tomorrow I will configure my Pokeys keyboard, I hope.  Thanks for your interest. Bob.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:17:48 AM »
OK, I need some help with the Ponet Kbd48cnc keyboard with the Pokeys 57U.  They have so many files and are confusing to me on the Polabs website and also must be a language problem when I ask them a question. So, can anyone help me as to the name of the files necessary, and where they go,  to get the keyboard and 57U operational in Mach3.  Desperate , please help.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:14 AM »
Well, if I had waited just a bit longer, I wouldn't have had to post the previous post.  I got the keyboard up and running, but I am now trying to install the Pokeys pendant.  I under stand that I will have to cut the 25 pin connector off and then use the appropriate number pins on the Pokeys 57U to get it operational?  Is that correct?  If anyone has any suggestions or information, please let me know. Thanks, Bob.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 11:57:21 PM »
OK, I need some help with the Ponet Kbd48cnc keyboard with the Pokeys 57U.  They have so many files and are confusing to me on the Polabs website and also must be a language problem when I ask them a question. So, can anyone help me as to the name of the files necessary, and where they go,  to get the keyboard and 57U operational in Mach3.  Desperate , please help.

Bob, please try to use one support communication channel at a time. We have a lot more work answering support if you open a ticket, send us a few emails and post on the forum... When asking questions, try to be clear which device you have and what you are trying to achieve.
In case of kbd48CNC, you were referring to it as a "keyboard" only without stating anywhere that it is kbd48CNC. It's confusing for our support staff. Did you receive the answer regarding the pendant?

For other users: if you want to connect PoPendant to PoKeys devices without dedicated pendant connector (PoKeys57CNC), the flat cable that comes with it can be used to connect the signals to the PoKeys pins directly. Since different users use different pin functions on PoKeys devices, there is no fixed pin mapping prescribed for the PoPendant on PoKeys. Instead, we give a recommendation in Mach3 plugin manual on how to connect and configure the signals.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope