Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:12:21 AM

Author Topic: M06 not working  (Read 11474 times)

M06 not working
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:39:15 PM »
M06 doesn't halt program and stop for the tool to be changed.......................M06 command is basically ignored by M4, when Gcode is run. (M01 operates OK).
Also The tool Change LED in the prog run window never illuminates.

Interestingly the above applies to 3 different computers, M4: Version 4.2.0.2803 -  2 unlicensed computers (Demo) running the simulator (Win10 X64)  and my licensed workshop Machine OS XP SP3 with parallel port and Darwin.
 A M6 macro is installed in Macros under the machine Profile - (all machines).

I can see no reason for the command to be ignored - as far as I can tell the M06 Lua code runs OK, (but I'm very much a learner with this)...............the other thought  perhaps  the Mach4 configuration is not setup correctly - which could be the case, as no one else seems to having the same problem.
  I'm totally at a loss as to what to try next!.

Their is a tool change option in the output Tab of  M4 config - is this meant to be set somehow (I have tried all sorts of combinations but with nil result so far.
Does anyone know what is wrong and/or what the fix might be? (Mach3, M06 stop and  tool change works fine).

Thanks for any advice/help
Richard 

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: M06 not working
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »
can you post your .ini file it's in your profile folder
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:47:31 PM »
Hi blockhead

file attached

thanks for responding

Richard

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 11:35:14 PM »
seen that before I had the same thing just needed your .ini to check, re install as admin should fix it, or try run as admin first
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:43:10 AM »
Many thanks for that...................I'll check it out tomorrow. It's quite likely that Mach4 was not installed with admin. My original computer died a few weeks back and a second spare computer was temporarily employed. Licensing had to be changed of course, then the existing computer hardware was completed and put into service - new licensing required again..........so lots of messing around to get to the present point in time.

Thanks again will advise success.

Richard

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 01:12:43 AM »
cool
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »
Hi blockhead

Unfortunately no success using Adminstrator as login.
 Tried reinstalling as Administrator but no change.

What I have found is that the .ini file is not being copied to. Getting the following errors reported:

Error
Failed to modify file times for "(error 0: the operation completed successfully).
Details:
x Failed to copy the file c:\mach4Hobby\Profiles\SeigX2-6\machine.ini to
error 0 : the operation completed successfully)
x Failed to open for writing for "(error 0: the operation completed successfully).
x Failed to modify file times for: for "(error 0: the operation completed successfully).

Do you know if this is a windows OS problem or M4 problem................any ideas?
All help, ideas, gratfully received...................

Richard

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 03:35:24 AM »

Unfortunately no success using Adminstrator as login.
 Tried reinstalling as Administrator but no change.

have you tried right clicking on mach4 and using the Run As Administrator from the context menu,

Daz
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:57:26 AM »
try what daz suggested first, try running version Build 2336 you can get it here http://www.pmdx.com/Downloads_Mach4/Mach4_Hobby_Releases/, if this version works reinstail 2803, and if it fails again you may just have a dependicey missing.
if it fails can you run logging as soon as M4 loads up before you hit enable and run a gcode if it blows past M6 again just stop it and save the logging and post it with your .ini again, also submit it to mach support 

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 04:08:23 AM »
just out of curiosity open up your m6 macro the function is declared as function m6() but should be function M6() in capital.

I have had this cause a problem before as lua is case sensitive.

Daz
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas