Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:03:25 PM

Author Topic: Auto Tool Zero  (Read 7460 times)

Auto Tool Zero
« on: November 21, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
Hello,
I found a few topics on this but nothing with any meaning to me.
Where can I find steps to use the "auto tool zero" button as I used it in Mach3? ie brings the tool down until it touches the plate to set the top of the material.

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Tool Zero
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:10:52 PM »
I have not been able to make it work. Don't think it is working yet. :'(
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 11:05:03 AM »
You don't think 'what' is working yet??
It's my understanding that the button is blank from install, and we need to add our own code to it as we did in Mach3. Is that not correct?
I saw a post on here with code and it said to paste it into the button. My question is how to do we paste it into the button? I can't seem to find a way to do that. Is that what you mean is not working yet?

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »
what version are you using?

Daz
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
Mach4Hobby Installer-4.2.0.2803

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 03:27:22 AM »
The autotool was removed from the main screens in favour of using the probing section, ive just checked and the measure z is working.

Daz
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 08:48:04 AM »
What does "was removed" mean?? It's clearly still there.

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »
The autotool was removed from the main screens in favour of using the probing section, ive just checked and the measure z is working.

Daz

Daz - can you give a step by step on how to get this to work? I can get G31 to work but have never been able to get the Z measure to work. I have the touch plate and it is working according to the machine diagnostics LEDs. I suspect I have something wrong in the set up page but I can't think of what that would be.

This would make my life much easier!
Thanks,
Peter

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:24:20 AM »
one of the problems when the default profile is duplicated is that when updates come out you tend to update mach4 core only, if you dont look in the default profile at the changes then some functions could be missing from the startup script or plc, although the modules get updated but theres probably code changed in the buttons. This normally looks to the end user that a function has broken when in fact it has been made to run better.

take the RefHomeAll button - all that is in there now is one call to a function that resides in the startup script.

you would benefit from installing mach4 again into a different directory and running the default profile so you can see the changes, believe me Jarhead there is a better more improved default screen.

As for the topic of updates I am looking into a way of highlighting changes withing the screensets as even myself bypassed some functions and settings that had been added.

As for the autotool i will post my code that i use but wont be till tomoro, im always away on a tuesday and friday night so only have me tablet.

Daz
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 01:57:13 PM »
I haven't updated anything. This is the first build of Mach4 I'm using.