Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:35:50 PM

Author Topic: PAYING FOR CUSTOM GCODE FROM JPG/PSD  (Read 4461 times)

PAYING FOR CUSTOM GCODE FROM JPG/PSD
« on: November 18, 2015, 07:34:36 PM »
Hello,

I am looking to have someone create a gcode (or some mach3 file) from a custom jpg/psd file (whatever format is easier). I will require some assistance and instructions as well in regard to using the file properly for my goal. Details will be discussed individually and pay will be rewarded.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: PAYING FOR CUSTOM GCODE FROM JPG/PSD
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 09:41:20 PM »
What exactly are you trying to achieve  . Plasma , laser,engraving ??

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 10:04:20 PM »
Perforations

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 10:45:22 PM »
OK I am not going to try and drag it out of you. It must be a secret.

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »
You asked what I needed done and I answered, perforations. If you would like to help me out we can discuss the exact design I need done and I can send you over the file. I have tried using LazyCam and what not to import the jpeg but with limited knowledge and expereince it would be easier for me to pay someone to properly take my image and make it into a usable mach3 gcode or etc so that I can easily run the machine to perforate my needed design.

If you are interested please let me know so we can chat privately about any more details regarding the design and pay. Thanks.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 05:49:30 PM »
This is the info you posted in another thread and  that thread will be  deleted by me.
See my next reply in this thread.

Hello,

I am seeking help in regard to perforations.
I have my design that I made in PS and have exported to a jpg.
I am having trouble getting the design into Mach 3 so I can use my CNC to perforate.

I am willing to pay someone if they can help make my design compatible and provide the basic instructions/help needed to guide me in perforating it so that is comes out right.

Do I need a special tool or mat as well?
Should I use a different program than Mach 3?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:52:40 PM by RICH »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »
I think we have a small communications problem.
If you can clarify it would be appreciated...............

By " perforations " are you meaning round holes? through material and taking it a little bit more
Do you want to drill them, punch them out, plasma cut them, etc?
There is a difference as to what gcode will be required and what CAM can used to generate the code.

BTW, not sure what "PS" is ....... ???

RICH  

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:05:19 PM by RICH »
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 06:12:54 PM »
I think we have a small communications problem.
If you can clarify it would be appreciated...............

By " perforations " are you meaning round holes? through material and taking it a little bit more
Do you want to drill them, punch them out, plasma cut them, etc?
There is a difference as to what gcode will be required and what CAM can used to generate the code.

BTW, not sure what "PS" is ....... ???

RICH  

Yes, small round holes. I assumed they would be punched through material but whatever way works the best and provides the best results (no blown out backs, accurate, etc).

I was advised to use vcarve so I downloaded that, imported my jpeg and traced it and saved it. I assume I have to upgrade in order to actually export it into Mach3 as a DXF, correct?

If punching is the way to go, do I need a certain punch tool or would the basic tools that came work? Also, do I need a mat or some sort of cover to place my material over if it is thin?

PS = photoshop
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:14:26 PM by jvictor49 »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »
What version of Mach are you using since you can't import a DXF file into current versions of Mach?

Do you have a license for Mach as the code can be limited on use if you don't and that will impact how it is done?

What tolerance do you want on the holes?

Thickness and type of material you are perforating?

A few holes or hundreds of holes?

How small are the holes?

May as well start thinking about the above and then some?

BTW, what kind of machines do you have and how good are they?

This stuff is not plug and play, it's your $ and you can save if you can define it.......

RICH
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 06:43:20 PM »
I believe I am using the newest version of Mach 3 and I believe I can upload DXF files into Mach... My apologies if I mistakenly stated that I could not. Please let me know where that was stated so either I can re-phrase what I meant or what not...

I do not have a license for it, I am using the demo. My machine came with a disc and was supposed to include Mach but the file is unable to open...

What tolerance do you want on the holes?

Please elaborate on what you mean by tolerance. I am new to this so sorry for the missing knowledge in regard to processes and terms.

I am planning to perforate multiples types and thicknesses (canvas, metal, etc) but currently I am trying to practice on art paper and teslin. The supplies I have now range in between 8 mil and 20 mil (mostly 10 mil).

Definitely not hundreds of holes but more than just a few... I would say there are a few concentrated areas on the materials where maybe 20-50 small perforations will go. The whole material is not used up as other things will be done to it in terms of design but these holes must be aligned correctly as they are placed on the jpg file...

I have a 3020T 3 Axis CNC machine bought here : http://www.amazon.com/CNCShop-Engraver-Engraving-Machine-Woodworking/dp/B011KHGLR2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447976520&sr=8-3&keywords=cnc+3020t+3+axis

The tools that came with it are not labeled but I could take a picture of them if needed.