Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:59:30 AM

Author Topic: Loading old setup onto new Mach3 install with ESS  (Read 1953 times)

Loading old setup onto new Mach3 install with ESS
« on: November 18, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »
Hello,

My controller PC had started to blue screen so I bought a newer machine. It is a Core2 Duo, 3 GB ram, onboard graphics(for now), with Win7 32 loaded. I installed Mach3(3.043.066, same as I was running before), MachStandardMill and the latest ESS plugin(ESS_v10r2d1d). Then I ran the SCU program. It completed and I can see the ESS and there aren't any numbers below BootPRxd. So far so good.

Now, if I create a new Mach setup I get the ESS not configured message. I typed in the address as 10.9.9.9 and then Mach will start. I looked at the ESS IP Config and it shows that the address is 255.255.255.255. I could see the status change when I pressed my cycle start and pause buttons.

I tried to reload my setup from the old controller by copying the xml to the Mach3 directory. Then I restarted Mach3 with this setup. I get the message stating that the ESS cannot be contacted, press Yes to retry, not to configure, etc. I select No and type in 10.9.9.9 for the address. but Mach never connects to the ESS.

Any suggestions? Needless to say I really don't want to have to reenter all of the setup data by hand again.

Thanks!

Chris
Re: Loading old setup onto new Mach3 install with ESS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 04:14:36 PM »
V.066 has known problems and should not be used. Warp 9 makers of ESS recommends using V0.62. Sounds like your XML is corrupt. 
Re: Loading old setup onto new Mach3 install with ESS
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:03:36 AM »
It turns out I copied the wrong xml file over. When I installed the ESS last summer I made a new xml. I pointed my desktop shortcut to the new xml, but kept it named like the original. So when I copied the file I looked at the name of the desktop shortcut and used that xml.

Mach Standard Mill needs .066 to be stable. I've been using it for 3 years and never had any trouble with it.

Sorry for the trouble,

Chris