Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:24:42 PM

Author Topic: Can't zero DRO or home more than once??  (Read 2510 times)

Can't zero DRO or home more than once??
« on: November 15, 2015, 10:55:56 AM »
Just built a new machine, using Mach3 and parallel port. I want ethernet so bad!!! But anyway...

So I'm using a G540. I have everything connected and the machine moves as it should. The only problem I'm having is if I ref all home, they all go home, then if I move and try to ref all again, it won't work. Meaning it does nothing. If I cycle the reset, ref all works again.

Same thing with zeroing the work coordinates. I can zero once, then if I make a movement, try to zero again, it does nothing. Cycle reset fixes it.

What did I miss???
I saved the config from my old machine and compared to the new, I don't see anything that would cause this.

Just noticed this too, If I zero WCS, then move, then reset, then go to zero one axis, they all zero?
Re: Can't zero DRO or home more than once??
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:17:09 PM »
So no replies I'm guessing means this isn't something obvious.
I'll try to reinstall and start from scratch.
Thanks for the help!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »
IS this MILL ? Turn ??

I have no idea what this means " Just noticed this too, If I zero WCS, then move, then reset, then go to zero one axis, they all zero?"  TRY NOT to use abrieviations when describing a problem. To me WCS is World Coordinate System. ??

WHAT did you reset ???

Did you set up soft limits ? If you did AND you were outside the limits then it will NOT move to refhome. ??

I have never seen this problem with the LPT version.

(;-) TP

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »
IS this MILL ? Turn ??

it IS a mill.

I have no idea what this means " Just noticed this too, If I zero WCS, then move, then reset, then go to zero one axis, they all zero?"  TRY NOT to use abrieviations when describing a problem. To me WCS is World Coordinate System. ??

WHAT did you reset ???

Seriously?? ARE you Kidding me/? You don't know what Work Coordinate System IS? Ya know, machine coordinates and work coordinates.
WHAT did I reset?? As I said, when I cycle the RESET...

Did you set up soft limits ? If you did AND you were outside the limits then it will NOT move to refhome. ??

I have never seen this problem with the LPT version.

(;-) TP

Yes I have soft limits set but was not outside of them.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 04:59:33 AM »
You don't know what Work Coordinate System IS?
We try to not be quite so acronym- focused, and keep it simple.
Machine coords and work coords, yes; 'system' - no.

Cheers
Roger