Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:57:49 PM

Author Topic: Converting from ncstudio  (Read 10616 times)

Converting from ncstudio
« on: November 14, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »
I need some help connecting mach3 board to vfd.
The new board has a spindle on/off and 0-10v PWM

the old board had 4 wires going to the vfd green  - fwd and ACM
                                                             blue    - M11
                                                             yellow - M12
                                                             red     - M13
In ncstudio spindle speed was 2400, 1200 or off ( you could enter whatever speed you liked but it only did off, fast and very fast)

any ideas  on how I wire this?
Re: Converting from ncstudio
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 07:15:15 AM »
This guy appears to be doing just what you're trying to do,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW0E-0B5SB4

I haven't watched the whole video for you though, that's your job ;-)

You might find a quick Google search on

convert nc studio to mach3

will yield lots of useful information too,

- Nick
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 07:50:31 AM »
Thanks I have watched that about 20 times in the past few weeks, he really does not show anything useful. If I get stumped I can use the vfd panel to control the speed as I dont need to change speed midflight, it just would have been nice. Generally I only ask a forum if I cant find the info myself. So far I am guessing that the blue/yellow/red wires supply the signal for low/med/high which is grounded back to the board via the green from FWD, so if use the red (maybe blue)& green on the spindle on/off circuit on the new board, that may work,.. if you follow.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »
What vfd are you using?

Is there a manufacturer and a model number?

Need a wiring diagram really...
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 08:13:26 PM »
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:48:16 PM »
I'm slogging through this myself, and I'll just add that, from your Fuling manual (p. 48), I take it that the 3 wires create an octal code (8 unique patterns from 3 binary digits: 000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111--for the benefit of non-digitaling readers), and the pattern received from NCStudio, via its special super whiz-bang PC adapter card and the 15-pin interface, will select the matching pre-programmed speed.

But that's a Big point to be made.  When you and I get our CNC machine with the Fuling (a-ding) inverter/variable-freq-drive (VFD) from over there, some one has not just Wired it all up, but they have Programmed the Fuling-thing to expect and interpret the signals on the pins.

I believe (cf. p. 50-ff) that the Fuling fingus can also be programmed to control the speed of the spindle proportional to an analog dc voltage in the range of 0-10V, or even some subset of that range.

And Be-Yond! there appear to be even more modal modes of modalities...

Mach3--which I have not yet laid eyes or hands on--may even be able to (I wouldn't be surprised) turn a speed command in G-code into three signals to be output on three wires--but of course the problem is that there just aren't enough wires in a parallel port to 'commodate doing it that way.

I suspect that THAT is what that "PWM" pin I saw on the parallel-port breakout board is for: a "pulse-width modulated" (train of square voltage pulses which communicate low speed for narrow pulses and high speed for wider) speed signal from Mach3.

The question is whether the board has intelligence to synthesize a variable 0-10V signal proportional to the pulse-width of the PWM and suitable to feed to the Fuling.

If so, and I would not be surprised if it were the case, your task would be to disconnect the three wires currently carrying speed from the 15-pin board and use only one to take a new type of speed signal to the Fuling--and simultaneously edit its expectations (from its own control panel).

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 11:07:59 AM »
Did you get to solve this? I got the same inverter (fuling dzb280b) I'm trying to connect to the bitsensor red card for mach3

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 05:48:30 PM »
I need some help connecting mach3 board to vfd.
The new board has a spindle on/off and 0-10v PWM

any ideas  on how I wire this?

Actually quite simple

1. You need (maybe later!) another cheap (Arduino type ) relay to be switched by P16 for M4 (spindle counter-clockwise)
2. As is you can only do M3 (spindle spinning clockwise).
3. The relay jumper for Pin 17 on your BOB must be ON (connected)
4. You will need a small capacitor and a ferrite core for your 0-10V connection to the VFD (read VFD Manual).
5. Relay(s) to be connected to ANIn1 and ANIN2 with Common DIGITAL GROUND.
6. F0.01 on your VFD will need to be switched to 2 (from 0).
7. You need to define Output#1 in Mach3 to port 1 pin 17 and Output#2 to port 1 pin 16 (maybe later).
See attachment

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 05:50:58 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 06:14:16 PM »
Thank You reuelt,
   I forgot to mention that my controller is different, i have the red BSMCE04U with just a USB connector.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 08:14:39 PM »
Thank You reuelt,
   I forgot to mention that my controller is different, i have the red BSMCE04U with just a USB connector.

Sorry, your BSMCE04U  is not able to control a VFD
You will need 2 external relays.

(this website moderators had warned me and forbidden me giving any tech support to any Made in China controllers users)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:29:11 PM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"