Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: Keyboard M-function?  (Read 6215 times)

Re: Keyboard M-function?
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 11:32:32 AM »
Rob,
I was finally able to run the new screen set and spot weld macro. They work great! Thanks for all your help.

I do have another question though. Is there a way to add or rename and move buttons within the screen set? I'm trying to add a gas on/off button.  
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »
You can edit the screen using the screen editor I posted earlier.... But the background will need to be edited using a jpg (picture editing software...)

If you post what you want I'll see what I can do (screenshot / sketch ... Which output do you want to toggle, do you want a hotkey
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
A button below the spot weld button would be perfect.

Gas ON is what the button will do. I guess to keep it simple the 'G' button would be a good hotkey for this function. The output that I have the solenoid plugged into is output 5.

Thanks again for your help. I'll have to post a video of the machine running as soon as I clean up the wiring and do a few test parts.
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
Updated zip folder attached...

basically I've updated the screenset and I've added another macro (M1050) which will toggle output 5 on and off when you click the screenbutton or "G" key (note you can do this when the machine is running or not, as long as the eStop / Reset is cleared [probably something to watch]).  It does not have to be uppercase or lower case, just tap the "g" / "G" key, no Atl+code.... presume that is what you wanted (I could change this to ATL+G if you wanted a level of "safety" (multikey press) just let me know.

(all the other stuff is unchanged .... you won't need to update your images as they are the same, but included in the file to keep them as a pack).

So....
suggest you rename your current working "1024.set" .... to something like "1024-0ld2.set", that way you can go back to what you know works should I have messed up (think you have a previous working one from when we changed it last time).

Then copy the "1024.set" in the zipped folder into your Mach3 directory.

And add the" M1050.m1s" macro to your profile macros folder (same as you did with the M1000) and everything should work right.

If you're curious (or anyone else) I used the IsOutputActive to check the current state of output 5, and then if it was active used DeactivateSignal or if it was not ActivateSignal commands to toggle Output 5..... I could have just as well used DoOEMButton(236) to turn output 5 off and DoOEMButton(235) to turn output5 on having checked the state of output 5 using GetLED(78) with the same If statement.... same solution.
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »
That did it! There was a slight tweak I had to make because it appears that the space bar was mapped to the gas solenoid as well as the laser, so I just had to change that using the mach screen editing software.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

I have some clean up of the wiring to complete and need to order the argon gas regulator, but have that is all in place, I'll post a video of the final process.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
There was a slight tweak I had to make because it appears that the space bar was mapped to the gas solenoid as well as the laser, so I just had to change that using the mach screen editing software.

Oops... sorry thought I'd done it.... must have gone back in to MachScreen and had a play as I've just checked my file and it didn't work right either ... at least you got it sorted.

Yeah, it would be nice to see it working.

What size / type of laser are you using (argon mentioned so presume argon?) [know little about lasers... but interest me much the same]

Happy cutting.

Rob

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 08:33:44 AM »
We are setting up a 70W laser (roughly the size of an American dishwasher) to weld metals together. Mainly stainless steel pieces. Actually this set up is going to be used to take over for some high volume stuff we do for the medical industry.

We also have 3 600W lasers that are riding on re-purposed HAAS machines. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, those machines are used to weld aluminum. Because of the high reflectivity of aluminium, higher power is required.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »
Realized I probably didn't fully answer the question. The laser itself is an NdYg laser. We use argon to keep the seam weld from oxiding during the welding process.
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »
Thanks very much for that, very impressive.

Must admit... As I tig weld... I should have realised what you were using the argon for... But then I guess most people (like me ). Think of lasers as a cutting application and forget about the welding side too
Rob