Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:45:43 PM

Author Topic: GCode to send Axis to home limit switches?  (Read 15132 times)

Offline JJ

•  16 16
    • View Profile
GCode to send Axis to home limit switches?
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:28:45 AM »
Hello,

I have a 3 axis mill with home limit switches on all 3 axis.  Is there GCode that can replicate the "Ref All Axis Home" button in the 1024.set file of Mach3?  I tried to do a search for this but couldn't find my answer in the forums.

G30 and G28.1 only send the axis to zero based on the current DRO values.  I would like them to go to the home limit switches and then zero the DROs ignoring the current DRO values completely.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

JJ
Re: GCode to send Axis to home limit switches?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »
G28.1 should home the axis...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline JJ

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:03:54 AM »
Thanks Brian, I feel dumb.  :-\

Apparently when I tried 28.1 the first time, I forgot to add the X0 Y0 Z0 after it.

Hopefully my questions are a little less novice in the future. Heh...

JJ
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:35:46 AM »
I don't understand. I am a newbi. Can you be more specific on what to do with G28.1 ??? Also RefHome after disabling soft limits just gonna ref all home axis to 0. That is not the answer!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 04:23:05 PM »
G30 Works ..G28.1 is REF HOME sets all AXIS to 0 which I didn't want. Many thanks guys

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 04:47:06 AM »
Can someone help me out with this one - I'm confused... As I understand it there is no g-code to do the same as the "ref all axis home" button. G28 and G30 just send the axis to whatever values are in parameters 5161-5166 and 5181-5186 i.e. work offsets.

Also I don't understand the requirement in the first place - why would you want to do this? ref all home is to let the machine know where it is when its lost - isn't it?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 06:11:50 AM »
I don't understand either. You have two zero posotions, 1 is the machine cord. (Ref all home) and 2 is the work cord. (GOTO Z). The GOTO Z can be done while softlimits are on as long as when you turn on the softlimits, you are out of the softlimit range and your work zero posotion is out of softlimits range. I have't tried it but I think if you used three limits for each axis, you could leave softlimits on all the time as long as the home switch wasn't in the softlimits range. Might be possible with two switches and three dogs, not sure about either.

Brett
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 06:14:40 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »
YOu do realise you can set home to any Machine coord position you want right? It does not have to be 0,0,0. When the homing trips you can assign a value for it to be.

One problem with a separte home switch is if you are past the home switch Mach does not know to BACKUP to get to the switch, it only knows to move in the +/- direction you assigned to it. Mach will just run to the limit and stop.
(;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »
G30 and enter works wonders for me. I just want to go to Zero so I can take out the piece i 've been working on. Aparently Safe-Z is not gonna work since that is part of the software . I should write a macro instead.

vmax549

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 11:22:47 AM »
I think A PARK button would work well for you. It would retract z then move to a predetermend positon to park while you work with the part/fixture. Do it with a macro that way you can use it manually or within a Gcode program. I have a tool change routine that moves over to a presett position and then will return to the original position to continue working.

There are a set of holding DROs on the setting page you can reference your park position to. THey are called tool change position. Userdro (1200-1202)

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:30:08 AM by vmax549 »