Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:24:29 PM

Author Topic: System starts on Probing screen  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
System starts on Probing screen
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:06:13 PM »
On the start up the system comes up on the Offsets screen instead of the Program Run screen.

This is not a big problem; however, it seems to manifest itself in other areas. I have two screens on my control computer. One is ~ 15' away from the machine and I use this for programming, downloading files, and virtually anything that requires a keyboard. The screen by the machine is a touch screen and I use it to control certain aspects of the control of the machine. I use a keyboard shortcut (ctrl. + /) to throw M4 from one screen to the other. This is a function of a program called actual multiple monitors. With the most recent release when I move the M4 Screens between monitors it goes back to the Offsets screen. A pain since I have to change it back every time.

Any thoughts?
Peter
Re: System starts on Probing screen
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
Try going into the screen editor, click on the program run tab to display that tab for editing, and with this on show exit the screen editor.  I think this will solve your problem.

Allan

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:35:54 PM »
This worked with a slight variation - you have to change something to get the save dialog box when you quit the screen editor. I moved a button and then moved it back. Worked great - thanks.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 10:32:57 PM »
I'm really stuck on this issue and can't stop my Mach4 from opening in the Probing tab of the Main tabs group.

I've tried all manner of editing including both suggestions above and nothing has worked yet.

I've found a parameter of the Main tabs group which has a number for "Current Tab" but it makes no difference when I try to edit the number to a different tab.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Leo
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 11:32:57 PM »
Ah perfect.  Thanks blockhead!