Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:14:31 AM

Author Topic: Active low probe / touch plate  (Read 5935 times)

Active low probe / touch plate
« on: November 01, 2015, 11:54:13 AM »
I am converting this system from a c11 board to a hicon, on the c11 I had the port when it saw ground it would activate, (active low)
but the hicon seem to only activate when it sees voltage (active high)... how do I get  a port to activate when it sees ground?

jerry
Re: Active low probe / touch plate
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:40:58 PM »
Hello Jerry,

In the Mach3 plugin, you can go to the "Ports and Pins" config. From there, go to the "Inputs" tab. You should see a list of signals which you can tie the device inputs to, as well as an "Active Low" signal for each one.

Basically, for those signals that are connected to Digital Inputs that are active low, you can toggle the signal active low state from here.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
You can also tie a pull up resister (5K 1/4W) between 24V and the Digital Input on J14 where you connected your signal wire.  so normally the input LED will be lit.  when your signal goes to ground, the LED will be off. In the mach config you select active low.  The hardware can then see the transition.  Hope this helps.

regards,
VSI  

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 01:05:43 PM »
What are the specifications for the Hicon?
Can you please share your schematic and the setup details here?
Also share your firmware please?
As per the matter of ground in bus you can simply do it by making the bit change at that port pin.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »

See attached input circuit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

thank you
Rufi