Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:51:28 PM

Author Topic: Rotate the WCS around the Y axis  (Read 2768 times)

Rotate the WCS around the Y axis
« on: October 26, 2015, 06:04:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am breaking my head here.

I want to rotate the entire coordinate system around the Y axis. Like the righthand XYZ and than turn 90 degrees CCW. This is to mill side pockets. I have a rotary on the spindle so the rotary is turning parallel to the Y axis.

How do i implement this in Gcode. I was looking at G68 but that only allows me to rotate in the XY plane and i want to be drilling in the YZ plane.

I think a lot of people have this problem though, as i need to figure this out so i can implement in postprocessor.

Basically i would like to know if there is Gcode that will make this easier, rather than having to calculate every single position of the machine to drill the side pockets ( taking into account that X becomes Z and thus headbreakers ) . As it needs to calculate based upon another coordinate system set in the Cam software, this will be different everytime depending on the piece. Very difficult to get the correct coordinates.

Any help pleassseeee :) THX
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:14:29 PM by stephanisk »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Rotate the WCS around the Y axis
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 06:36:29 PM »
No can do in Mach3. You will have to let the Cam do all the work as it should (;-).

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »
OK. Thanks for this answer. But the cam is doing the work. I work with solidcam but it is the transpolation in the postprocessor that gives the problem.

Anyone has tips or tricks how to program this in the postprocessor when the cam is working with different coordinate systems???

I really hope so

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 10:09:11 AM »
First you start with a 5 axis cam and work from there.  Once you define teh machine joints the rest should be easy.

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
Ok but which 5 axis postprocessor i start with from solidcam to mach3?

Hope u have an idea

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 02:15:10 PM »
You use one that matches your machine configuration as to axis orientation.

I have no idea what your machine axis orientation looks like.

That question would be best asked to SolidCam .

(;-) TP