Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:47:01 PM

Author Topic: I am at a loss. please help  (Read 2056 times)

I am at a loss. please help
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »
Hello everyone, since shortly I am part of the mach3 milling community and happy about this.  :)

Now my problem is following. Someone is writing me a postprocessor but his english is the worst ever. So he asks me for the following.

"For your Mach3 need parameters indexed. It should set the parameters for indexed.
I need example NC.Program - From supplier Mach3 get."

Does anyone understand what the hell he would like me to send him, cause I don't have a clue.

Postpro is for solidcam. And it seems he programmed for simultaneously which ment I couldn't set 3 coordinate systems to side drill with a rotary attachment on the spindle. So he needs to change it to indexed. Whatever that may mean... . anyway this is what he send me, so please help what do I sooooo

Thanks for your help.

Stephane

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: I am at a loss. please help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »
I could guess what he needs but that would not help. Do you have a picture of the machine setup to do whatever process you want it to do. A picture can be worth a thousand words OR at least a hundred questions.

You could also just send him a link to the Mach3 User manual. THAT should give him anything he needs to write a post.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:02:33 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »
Hello,

He is asking me for the Zero transformation points between the different coordinate systems in mach3

"Not good transformation zero points. I, I gotta find it somewhere example. "

Anyone knows.

Thx

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 07:42:56 AM »
One  would think that SolidCam would provide post processor  if you are licensed user.

Just for consideration:
In  conversation or communication with third party support coming from a  foreign individual / country I always say that I am hard of hearing and have difficulty
with accents and then request  an English speaking person be provided to converse with. I have yet to be turned down on the request by any "reputable"
company.

RICH

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »
I hear you!!!!!! absolutely, yet one only learns the hard way.