Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:00:04 AM

Author Topic: newbe having trouble with limit switches  (Read 3971 times)

newbe having trouble with limit switches
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:10:17 AM »
I have just installed limit switches on my router table and they appear to be working a bit too well.

I have limit switches at both ends of X & Y travel and also at top of Z travel . All switches are wired in series and all when triggered will
bring the drives to a stop.

My problem is that I am unable to move or jog away from the limit switch without going in and disabling all the switches. How can I fix this problem        ???

One other question ;

I am running Mach 3 which is licenced  on my office pc but I have put another computer in the workshop just to run my router.
 Both are running Windows XP but when I copied Mach 3 to the workshop computer I appear to have only got the trial version.

I understand why this is the case but is there a way round this or do I need to licence a second copy???

Thanks

Lawrie     

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: newbe having trouble with limit switches
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:50:20 AM »
Hey Vista,
      If you hit the reset button on your Mach screen can you Jog off of the switches then? Have you assigned any as your home switches? A limit can pull double duty and be a home too. ;) You don't need to buy another licenses for that. These guys are just that nice. Copy your licenses file from your office to your machine.

I hope this helps.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 05:53:39 AM »
look on the setings page and you will see something like "Auto Limits Override" button, click on this and you will then be able to jog off limits from now on. One other thing to do is look at the software limits (config menu then Homing and Limits) set them up and you wont actually hit the limits unless something goes wrong.

No just copy your license file to the other computer. Arts take on this is you can have it on as many computers as you like  if they are not running a machine.But if you make money from your machines it is preferred that you purchase a license for each computer that is actually running a machine.

Hood

Hood

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 05:57:51 AM »
just another thing, when you set the Auto Limits Override you need to be careful as after it hits a limit you will have to jog the correct way or you could potentially jog further into the limit. Finally when you are jogging off a limit it will be at reduced speed, this is a safety thing but once you are moving the correct way you can stop the jog then start again and it will go at full rapids.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 06:12:46 AM »
Thanks Guys

Am now able to jog away from limits no problems and both computers are running the full version of Mach 3.

Need to read up on setting software limits and assigning limits as home.

I am sure there will be more questions to come but I am at least making some progress now.

Thanks again

Lawrie

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »
Regarding limit switches.... also take a close look at the over all obstructions of your machine. I have a Sherline rotary table mounted on the table... with that, there are areas where I better do not drive all the way down. I am thinking about limit switches which I can move with magnets. So I can adjust the configuration to the crazy accessories.
Lemo
Cut five times and still to short...