Hello Guest it is January 28, 2022, 03:31:39 AM

Author Topic: Is anybody running Mach 4 on a GRBL machine??  (Read 7879 times)

Is anybody running Mach 4 on a GRBL machine??
« on: October 18, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
I've been running Mach 3 on a older router and would like to use Mach 4 on another CNC router I have that's controlled by a Ardrino Uno loaded with GRBL firmware. Short of ditching the Ardrino and replacing it with a smoothstepper or another USB board of some type, can Mach 4 address the GRBL board?
Re: Is anybody running Mach 4 on a GRBL machine??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »
GRBL is software that runs on the Arduino (and a few other platforms) and performs the
CNC controller function starting from G code. It will not function as a plug-in device under
Mach3 or Mach4. It may be possible to code a program running on an Arduino to work
with Mach3 or Mach4, but it would not be GRBL.

I've been running Mach 3 on a older router and would like to use Mach 4 on another CNC router I have that's controlled by a Ardrino Uno loaded with GRBL firmware. Short of ditching the Ardrino and replacing it with a smoothstepper or another USB board of some type, can Mach 4 address the GRBL board?
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.