Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:46:10 AM

Author Topic: new guy  (Read 6128 times)

Re: new guy
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 08:56:27 AM »
OK, I am back to where I left off. As I mentioned I worked with Rob and he sent me an xml file to run which I did. We tried several different ways to resolve the problem. I had an add on PPort with a 88 address. tried changing several times but no movement. So, I thought maybe I had to many programs on that computer so I bought a new refurbished Dell OptiPlex with windows 7 pro, 32 bit from Best Buy.I installed mach 3, restarted the computer, ran Rob's xml checked the port address (came installed) 0x378, which looked good. I proceed to check each motor cable separately as Rob suggested but still no movement. I did go into device manager to look at the ports while the controller was on and when I clicked on the different ports to see their address's I got a jerk out of the motors, but that's about it. I really appreciate all the support.

Thanks,

Bill :-\

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »
Hi Bill,

Could you post a link to the type of controller you are using ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 09:57:12 AM »
I think its a 3040. See photo attached
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:19 PM »
I'm not sure if my previous post got on. I am sending screen shots to see my set up.
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »
Some more. Let me know if there are other screens that will help
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
Hey Bill if you havn't tried this yet ....try going to outputs in mach3 and you should have an "Enable1" and set that to port 1 pin 14 and check the active low.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 01:59:01 AM »
There are so many variants of that particular controller (including the YooCNC models) that it may be impossible to determine the correct port & pin settings without quite a lot of 'trial and error' testing.

My guess would be...

X step pin 2
X dir pin 3
Y step pin 4
Y dir pin 5
Z step pin 6
Z dir pin 7

All Step pins configured Active Low.

E-Stop configured to pin 13 (If E-Stop cannot be reset within Mach3 (Active High or Active Low) then try configuring to pin 10)

(This information is based on the YooCnc data)

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 07:54:06 AM »
Ask the manufacturer of that controller.

Chinese  sell their cheap, wrongly documented or made junk controllers along with pirated software and then give off support to someone else while they laugh at us.

Sorry if I am so negative, but it is an extremely irritating problem.

RICH
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »
Just wanted to say I got it working. I decided to uninstall and re install Mach3. This time it worked. I'm thinking the port driver didn't install correctly the other tries, because this time it took much longer. Thanks for all your help. I will start to follow the manual now, but I bet I will be back with more questions.  ;D