Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:48:01 AM

Author Topic: ShuttleXpress Plugin  (Read 2994 times)

ShuttleXpress Plugin
« on: October 10, 2015, 04:48:59 AM »
Hello,

May I ask, any chance of a Shuttle Xpress plugin (or is the "pro" plugin version able to be used with the shuttle Xpress?)

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: ShuttleXpress Plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 08:53:21 AM »
Not sure if it will work. It is easy enough to test - even in Demo mode. Plug it in and activate the plug in. The center knobs are already programmed. See if they make it move. You will likely need all / most of the available buttons for axis control. The Shuttle Pro has just enough buttons to make it a pretty good pendant.

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 08:53:39 AM »
Also, let us know if it works with your test.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »
Yeah, I plugged it in (without windows drivers loaded... Same as mach3, where it does work (I am running a dual setup)), enabled the plugin (via plugins),

And pressed all 5 buttons, and the inner and outer scroll wheel and it did nothing (no pop-up or acknowledgement it even exists)

Restart Mach 3 and it functions perfectly.

Windows XP machine

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 01:46:04 PM »
I have the the driver loaded and my ShuttlePro works.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
I am using the shuttle xpress not the pro
Rob

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 09:00:33 AM »
Did you try loading the driver for the shuttle express? If that does not work try loading the driver for the shuttlePro. The shuttlepro is working on my machine, but I have the driver for the shuttlepro loaded.

In fact, I had done some testing prior to loading a working shuttlepro plugin for Mach4. When I loaded the plugin I still had some of the keystroke commands in the Shuttlepro. The machine would execute both commands at the same time when the button/wheel was selected. That made life very interesting!!!! For instance the X and Y axis would move at the same time.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 09:54:16 AM »
Thanks I'll give it a go
Rob