Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:35:35 PM

Author Topic: New Lazy Cam Pro User  (Read 3225 times)

New Lazy Cam Pro User
« on: May 05, 2007, 06:56:12 PM »
Hey Everyone,
I recently purchased the Mach3 and Lazy Cam Pro licenses and I'm trying to become familiar with the Lazy Cam Pro program.
I built a Hobby CNC router last fall and have been cutting airplane parts with it. I was cutting 1 piece at a time because of the limited lines of code that would run on the Mach3 trial program. Now that i have full use of Mach3 and Lazy Cam Pro, I would like to import a DXF file with multiple parts, wing ribs, into Lazy Cam and create a G Code file to cut them out using Mach3.
I'm having difficulty figuring out how to use the offset feature in Lazy Cam Pro to create the offsets for each individual wing rib. There are 12 ribs in the DXF file that I'm working with, each one seperated from the next. Could the 12 seperate ribs be the source of the problem? Do they need to be connected to each other?
If attaching my DXF file would help, could someone tell me how to attach it. I'm not sure of the procedure.
I'm still pretty new to CNC so I'm struggling a bit to get it all figured out. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Mike

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: New Lazy Cam Pro User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 07:51:39 PM »
Hey Mike, This tutor will help you with attachments.

http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=2600.0

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 08:59:04 PM »
Thanks Brett for steering me to the tutorial.
I've attached the DXF file that i'm working on.
Again, I'd appreciate any advice.
Mike
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:18:51 PM by gbzflyer »
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 09:16:16 PM »
It appears that an update is coming out in the next week or two that may address my problem.
I'll keep an eye out for it.
Thanks to everyone involved for improving the Lazy Cam software.

Mike
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 06:06:59 PM »
Thanks to rayg's help in another post, I was able to open up Lazy Cam 2.0. I brought in the DXF file of my multiple wing ribs, created the offsets and saved the G Code.
I ran a simulation in Mach3 and everything looks good.
This is evolving into a great program.
Thanks everyone.
Mike