Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:36:16 AM

Author Topic: Changing Axis Orientation  (Read 1712 times)

Offline russh

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Changing Axis Orientation
« on: October 07, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks for having me on board the forum.

Not sure if this belongs in this sub forum, but here goes.

I have done some googling to see if I can find an answer to this, but the best I could find was to do with changing the direction of the homing.

Basically, My Mill currently homes in the right direction, I.E - Bottom left corner in X & Y axis. But as I move it in positive Y and X (based on conventional right hand rule) my X and Y value on the mach screen go negatively.

Is there a way of switching this to the currect convention

Many thanks

Rusty

Offline Herri

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Axis Orientation
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »

Hi Rusty,
i probably have the same problem.
Have a look:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,31020.msg215127.html#msg215127

Did you find out what was wrong??

Herri
Re: Changing Axis Orientation
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »
Russh.

If I understand you correctly.  You are homing the machine off of switches correct?  Are you zeroing the work coordinates at the home position?
From the home position, the machine coordinates will always be a negative number with the switch being a zero point.   any movement PAST the switch would be a positive number, but that cannot happen.
Machine coordinates and work coordinates should not be confused with each other.  Machine coords is nothing more then the distance from the home switch so it can keep track of where it is within the working envelope.
Work coordinates is where you set the part to be cut. The work zeros can have a positive and negative numbers depending how your gcode and zero points are setup.   Hope this helps.