Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:12:30 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 going into non-responsive state.  (Read 2095 times)

Mach4 going into non-responsive state.
« on: September 30, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
Hello all. I have a new issue that has arisen. I am running a very minimal component setup (ESS, BOB, Motors, 1 button, 1 LED). I have been running DazTheGas's logging script. I have attached a screen shot of the log file, my task manager and Mach4 in the background during the non-responsive state. The issue occurs after running a part continuously/repeatedly. Sometimes 5 hours of running, sometimes 15 minutes. Its almost as if the program gets stuck in a processing loop/stack overflow state, However there is no exception being thrown. Just not responding. The PC is Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Pentium G2030 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM.
Re: Mach4 going into non-responsive state.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 05:40:58 PM »
I have to ask...Are you running a licensed version? This happened to me when running demo.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 05:42:27 PM »
yes. otherwise it would say "Unlicensed" on the top bar of my Mach4 Screen.....
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
After a bit of mild testing, it may be my M-Codes that are causing the non-responsive state...I am using various user defined M-Codes throughout the G-Code file. Although it doesn't freeze in the same location every time.

I have removed all of the user defined M-Codes from my G-Code file and the program will run on loop using M99 for some time, then just stop processing the G-Code. I looked at the log file and it appears to be waiting for motors to stop moving....there are no motors moving, but the last line is "Waiting on SetStill..." As soon as I click STOP, I am able to click Start Cycle again and run from where it hung up.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »
Did you figure out how to solve this problem?  I am having the same issue.  I am running a Galil controller DMC 4153 with servo motors
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:50:41 PM by gregggemin »
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 05:12:36 PM »
I was not able to resolve the issue. I ended up giving up on trying to use Mach4 and went back to Mach3. Mach4 was so buggy and unstable that it was not something I could rely on to run any piece of machinery.