Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:39:52 AM

Author Topic: limit switch setup on the mach3 using a hicon integra controller  (Read 10656 times)

Re: limit switch setup on the mach3 using a hicon integra controller
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 06:26:53 PM »
I started with the steps per unit at 1600 on all 3 axis that was the factory setup for this machine I played with the number some and at 2600 steps per unit it is almost spot on but it will blow by the limit sensors for some reason at that setting it has me confused
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »
Hello,

I'm having a little trouble understanding your description. What do you mean by it blowing by the limit sensor? Do you mean that the axis triggers the limit sensor when it shouldn't?

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »
no it goes by the limit switches and dosnt stop however i have fixed this situation and am now working on calibration. Im also lost at this aswell I have figured me revalutions per unit im hoping I got my math right
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 02:03:51 PM »
I am know having ishues with the limits I try to run the axis out 10 inches it travels about an inch and a half and then trips a estop saying that it has exceeded on axis 0 and disarmes I set the limitsa to the size of the table which is 144 inches the dro read out says 1.5 when it stops is there another limit setting that im missing somewhere? I would like to add that if I manualy control the axis with the mpg it goes past that point and dosnt trip the code but if I run it in set step unit or in the MDI screen it stops and gives me that error.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:09:29 PM by steveD »
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »
Hello,

Hmmm, try checking your soft limits to see if you have configured them correctly, or if you currently have them enabled.

Limit switches will always disarm the system regardless of what kind of motion is being performed, or even if the machine is idle. Because MPG jogging works, then it may be something different.

As a side note, the only exceptions where limit switches are ignored are as follows:
1. When a limit switch is also configured as a home switch and the machine is homing.
2. "Limit override" is enabled in Mach.

If the soft limits don't work, then please post, in exact words, the error that you were given.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 02:36:24 PM »
On the X axis the soft limit max is 144 and the soft limit min is 0. On the Y axis the max is 80 and min is 0. On the z axis the max is 0 and min at -10. thye error coad is, ERROR:Following Error Limit Exceeded on axis 0. servo disarmed  the command code I am using is G0 X10
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 02:43:49 PM »
I have also noticed that if I go into the plugin confige and open the hicon plugin I can get the axis to move however I think my steps per unit is off bad I enter for the X axis to move 10 inches and it moves 11 inches in that
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »
That isn't an error with the limits. It's an error that's generated when the difference between the actual position and the command position goes beyond the configured threshold. This is most likely due to an axis configuration error in the plugin config. Verify that the "Axis Feedback Type and Index" are correctly set, as well as the "Max Following Error".

Another error could be your Motor tuning config. Check that your motors can actually handle the velocity and acceleration that you had configured there.

Please consult page 25 of this manual on how to correctly set up the axis config in the plugin tab.
http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/hicon/HiCON_Mach3_Software_Integration.pdf

EDIT: Oh, and make sure that you're using the latest Mach3 plugin and firmware available from our website.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »
my max following error is set at 1000 that was the default setting how would  I figure this properly I seen the manual but it is still confusing to me
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
can you send the log on the black debug window?  it will help narrow down the issues.