Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:50:05 PM

Author Topic: limit switch setup on the mach3 using a hicon integra controller  (Read 10614 times)

limit switch setup on the mach3 using a hicon integra controller
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:28:30 AM »
I am having an isue setting up me X,Y,Z limit switches in the mach3 softwear. im not 100% sure on which input in the software it would be but i do know from the documintation from integra the port is 11 and the pins are 0-3. can anyone please explain this for me. also I am having questions on what is the properway to do the spindal control.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:30:11 PM by Vital System Support »
Re: limit switch setup on the mach3 using a hicon integra controller
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:53:22 AM »
Hello,

You can set up the limit switches by going to "config->Ports and Pins->Inputs". On the inputs tab of the ports and pins config, it lists a variety of input signals for Mach3. The axis limit switches are among them.

The spindle setup can be found on page 16 of the HiCON Mach3 software  integration manual.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »
Hi Marc I ja e figured out the limits but in my homing the X and Y axis will hit the switch and back off the Z axis on the other hand will hit the switch and stop it will not back off and clear the switch could you help me with that
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
Hello,

What did you configure for the Z homing in the plugin config?

If the Axis is set to use a "Home Sensor", then it should back off the home switch to the point where it gets deactivated. Perhaps the Homing setting was set to "Use Index Pulse Only"?

There is also the off chance that the sensor may be experiencing some noise which causes the Motion Controller to read the signal as deactivated when it shouldn't be. You can try going to "Config->General Config". On this window, look to the upper right corner for the "Debounce Interval" setting and set this to something like 10-50 (this value is in milliseconds even though the window says "x40 us"). This setting controls the debounce for the digital inputs in order to filter out some noise.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
I have checked the settings and they are configured to home sensor and I have also done the debounce. I have noticed that it does travel down off the sensor some but not enough causing the sensor to flash in the diagnostic page. is there away to increase the amount of travel of the sensor in the homing sequence?
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »
Hello,

What is your homing speed % set to? Maybe this value is too high? We typically use somewhere around 5-10%. Slower speeds produce more precise results.

If that still doesn't work, then try temporarily setting the debounce to a higher value like 200 to see if it makes a noticeable change in the behavior, in which case you may have to resolve the noise issue.

Let me know what happens.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 04:04:01 PM »
I set the debounce value to 100 and it seems to be working now thanks! Im still not finished with the setup I might be bugging you again soon if you do not mind
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 05:10:30 PM »
No problem. But 100ms is a little too high for a debounce value (and this debounce affects all digital inputs). At this value, the inputs could be a bit unresponsive.

Our engineer recommended a maximum value of 50ms for the sensor debounce value. Another thing he recommended is to make sure that the power supply negative (0V/GND) have a proper connection to the earth ground in order to reduce the occurrence of electrical noise.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.  
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 05:16:09 PM »
I actually just fixed that and set my debounce back to 30. I am having the ishue of axis calibration now I move the axis 7 inces but it thinks it moved 10
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 05:22:13 PM »
Hello Steve,

Hmmmm, perhaps you need to take a look at the axis counts per unit in the the motor tuning config and verify if the value is accurate. You may also have some working offsets?

-Marc
Vital System Inc.