Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 02:26:08 AM

Author Topic: Help connecting this board to a controller  (Read 2782 times)

Help connecting this board to a controller
« on: September 23, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »
Hi to all,

I have a controller based on G203V drives built by Dan Mauch. I try to contact him but it is busy (his support was very good during years).
Anyway I have this:
- BOB - http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Breakout-Board-and-PSU's/Breakout%20board%20KK01%20CNC%20Stepper%20Motor%205%20Axis-with-Relay ;
- Helping BOB - http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Breakout-Board-and-PSU's/Breakout-board-BM01 ;
- USB motion controller UC300 -  http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Motion-Control/UC300-USB-Motion-Controller.
- female to female DB25 cable
The connection from controller to BM01 it is made it with a female to female DB25 cable. I need to connect my BM01 with the KK01. The hard for my is that connection, basically I dont know which pin is going where.

Thank you
Gabi
Re: Help connecting this board to a controller
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »
C'mon guys,

Anybody?

Thx

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 02:48:24 AM »
I have no idea what you are trying to achieve here.

Is it not best to...

Just connect the PC's USB to the UC300 then connect the UC300 LPT port / ports to the Gecko drives.

Why exactly do you need the BM01 or the KK01 ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:39:51 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

I need one of the boards for limit switches. I can connect that from the UC300 also?

Gabi

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 06:31:48 AM »
As the UC300 has 3 ports dedicated to inputs that should take care of all your limit switches I think  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 07:09:40 AM »
There is info ( schematics and installation and Mach configuration) for each of the boards and the drive.
Read and print them out.
So you will have inputs and outputs ( and note what range of pins can and can't be used for whatever) in Mach for the DB25 pin cable.
Start with the drives as if there were no other boards defining the pins to be used, add one board a time, that will help you define what
pin is assigned to what in Mach.

IE; If you assign a pin in Mach for say a probe, then that signal source comes from one of the boards and is used as an input. That
pin will not be used for anything else. The signal path could be probe signal from the probe connection, thru the break BOB, thru the DB25
connector board and then thru the cable connection to the PC.

So  make an overall  diagram  so you see the signal paths  / what connects to what and  where.
You probably have options  for some things. You decide what your going to use, but don't duplicate.

RICH
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:12:22 AM by RICH »

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »
I might be missing something, but both the KK01 and BM01 use parallel ports, so surely it's simply a case of getting another female to female parallel cable?

However, I'm not sure on how you're planning on connecting the original gecko/controller?
We need more details on how you are planning on connecting this all up.