Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:52:29 PM

Author Topic: Noob problem: zero not working  (Read 3761 times)

Noob problem: zero not working
« on: September 22, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »
So, pretty straight forward I think.  Mach demo installed and was working fine.  All of a sudden though all axis are way off and when I click on 'Zero X' for example in the program run screen, nothing happens.  If I try to manually enter '0' in the corresponding field and hit enter it just reverts back.  I've looked through the manual to try to find anything that could be causing this and have come up blank.  I'm assuming it's something simple I'm missing but I've spent a frustrating few hours trying to figure this out without luck.

Any suggestions?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Noob problem: zero not working
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:16:27 AM »
Sounds lkie you are in Machine coord mode click it back to work coord.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 10:41:35 AM »
Yeah, i thought that at first too, but that's not it.  If i click on machine coord, it does come up with those x,y,z coordinates, but when i go back to the work coord, same boat.  Zero buttons not working. :(

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
Click to what you think is machine coord mode then try it. What you are describing IS machine coord mode . In that mode you cannot change the dro values.

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
Nope, still wasn't machine mode.  I had tried that, in case I was stuck on stupid.  Turns out my ignorance was worse than that...but i figured it out.  I had my control unit and mill powered down which sends an emergency stop to Mach, and so I've learned now you cannot zero any axis in that condition.  1 more lesson learned, 9999999 to go...

thanks for the suggestion, it is appreciated.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »
Hey sledder 23,

You may not know this..........

We continue to "practice" providing precise answers to any and all problems posted.

Is really fun,  it's sort of like the game show  "can you name that tune in one note".

So we on the side lines conspired, came up with a strategy to let Terry try, betting that you solve
it yourself. So he now owes all of us a cold beer. ;D

Glad you solved the problem. :)

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 02:35:03 AM »
Hey sledder 23,
You may not know this..........
We continue to "practice" providing precise answers to any and all problems posted.
Is really fun,  it's sort of like the game show  "can you name that tune in one note".
So we on the side lines conspired, came up with a strategy to let Terry try, betting that you solve
it yourself. So he now owes all of us a cold beer. ;D

Glad you solved the problem. :)

RICH

;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 08:48:39 AM »
OK but where are all those steaks for when I did get it right the first time ?????

(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 05:34:44 AM »
Terry,

Did you check the correct preference box such that the prime rib steaks are sent Express Mail?
If you didn't, then they are sent via 5 day delivery and that can cause delivery problems. 

Also

Make sure your address is correct, last time I checked the roster it listed:

BR
549  LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT
MACH4 ALPHA, TP 123456

Let us know how things go,

RICH  :D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 10:21:09 AM »
HUM thats odd, everyone ELSE uses that address and I get stuff all the time. Apple pies, fruitcakes, bannana pudding, prime rib. I always use 5 day for steaks that helps AGE them.

(;-) TP