Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:42:59 AM

Author Topic: problems with THC300 and SheetCam  (Read 3735 times)

problems with THC300 and SheetCam
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:31:03 PM »
I am setting up my THC300 and I have everything together but I am having some problems.  I'm using SheetCam and I am having issues with the G28.1 Z .5 command.  When I start my part, Mach 3 drives the torch down until the switch is tripped. Whatever unit I have my pierce hight set to in SheetCam is the height that Mach returns the torch to after zeroing.  In other words, If I have my pierce distance set to .25 in sheet cam, this is what the torch travels to after plunging .5" to trip the switch.  So my tip is still pressing against the metal when the M03 is waiting for an arc ok signal.  I am setting my switch travel in the "settings"on the run screen in Mach but is doesn't seem to do anything.  Does any one know what I am doing wrong?

Eliot
Re: problems with THC300 and SheetCam
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 04:06:10 PM »
You will need to do the following

G28.1 Z.5 (move to .5 THEN home)
g00 Z.5 (now move to .5 AFTER you have homed) you need to have this move added
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:06:35 PM »
thinking about buying the THC300 how does it work ,, i use sheet cam too.. Where you able to make it work...  can you adjust the hight on your torch manually up and down if you want.. while it running a g code.. Did it take a long time to hook it up..
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:58:08 AM »
It turns out that I had my switch set up wrong.  At first I had it affecting the switch after the 1/2" of travel after the tip would hit the surface. I switched it so that it trips the switch immediately after touching the surface.  I think that i have it working now. 
Brian Baudier, to answer your question:
I have not figured out how to manually jog up or down while cutting a part but the THC does allow you to move up and down by adjusting the knobs associated with the voltage sensing on the THC 300's panel. I have just got mine running for the first time and it seems to work great.  I think that it will take a little time to tweak every thing so that it cuts perfectly.  As far as time hooking it up, it took me about a day or day and half to install my sensor in the plasma unit and figure out problems.  The biggest problem is that I had some key questions after reading over the documentation.  Fortunately, everyone that I have asked questions from are extremely helpful. After going through the experience of hooking it up, I feel that I may be of help to anyone who may have questions.  Feel free to ask me some specifics when you are ready to install yours.

Eliot Irwin