Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:19:41 AM

Author Topic: Stop CV issues...  (Read 8178 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Stop CV issues...
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 06:15:26 AM »
Well I had a vague recollection that actually I'd seen this before. It was raised here in 2007 and fixed in R2.56. I guess it was broken again later. The latest version I've just tried is R3.043.62 and it's still busted in there.

It's actually nothing to do with short lines, it's simply when you have any arc following any line where "stop cv on angles >" is ticked.

So Dave, if you absolutely must turn CV off selectively, here's "A" solution for you. Just stick a G61 and a G64 in your code at the appropriate places. There are other ways but this seems as easy as any.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 06:23:13 AM »
Ohh, nice, found a bug ;)

Ok thanks for the fix, very useful.

Dave

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »
Dave it is NOT an issue with the PM45 it is a  Machine design issue. You accel is too slow . Have you tried raising the acell rate until you get skipping of steps  then back it up untill it stops skippinging steps.  THAT is the only way to know the upper limit of the setting.

AND it that is still not enougt THEN you redesign the drives/motors /power supply to a better combination that WILL let you get to where you need to be.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 02:23:28 AM »
Dave it is NOT an issue with the PM45 it is a  Machine design issue. You accel is too slow . Have you tried raising the acell rate until you get skipping of steps  then back it up untill it stops skippinging steps.  THAT is the only way to know the upper limit of the setting.

AND it that is still not enougt THEN you redesign the drives/motors /power supply to a better combination that WILL let you get to where you need to be.

Not sure i ever hinted it was an issue with the PM45??  I will retune the drives as soon as i can, this is a pretty small issue really, i know plasma can never cut a square corner and i have seen some samples of others work which shows i am not that far away from a typical cut.

I will push it to the limit though just to find the limit ;)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 12:06:39 AM »
Reply #19

"" The main issue is i think that i done even know what a PM45 is capable of when it comes to internal corner quality, i know it can't be tighter than the radius of the flame but its difficult to know when you can't see what other users are happy with Wink I may be chasing the impossible. ""

You can cut as tight an inside corner as the width of the kerf. That leaves the radius of the kerf as the squarest corner you can cut. It is NO different than with a router or mill.

(;-) TP

(;-) TP