Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:05:40 AM

Author Topic: Right settings form CNC3040??  (Read 2379 times)

Right settings form CNC3040??
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »
Hi,

I'm having problem with My settings on Mach3 for my CNC3040...

What is the right settings and what all settings most I have to get it to work right??

Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Right settings form CNC3040??
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:33:33 PM »
I would think that the maker of CNC3040 would have a set up guide or an xml file to be used
for  MACH3.

I can't provide any additional help for  any of  those Chinese controllers.
Maybe someone else will chime in.

RICH
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:56:41 PM by RICH »

Offline Turd Fergeson

•  6 6
  • keep on sucking till you do succeed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »
Hello Jokernippe,
I am new to the forum and to CNC in general. I just got a chinese 3040 machine and had the same issue. Not sure if you have it hashed out yet but maybe this will help. In Mach 3, go to the "config" tab and "ports and pins". Select "motor outputs" tab and enable (green check mark) your X, Y and Z Axis. Under "step pin" enter X=2, Y=4 and Z=6. For "Dir Pin" X=3, Y=5 and Z=7. Green check mark the "Dir LowActi..." and "Step Low A..." for all 3 axis also. "Step Port" and "Dir Port" should all be 1. At the bottom, enable the spindle (again, green check mark) and for "Step Pin" = 17 and "Dir Pin" = 1. You also have to enable the "E-Stop" (green check) under the "Input Signals" tab. Estop Port # = 1 and Pin number = 13. If you want to enable your Z axis probe, (green check it) and Port = 1 and Pin number = 15 (enable active low green check mark).
This was the setup for my machine. It took some "monkeying" around with and a lot of google searches but, if you are like me, you didn't read the instruction sheet that came with your machine (if you got one). All this info is there. I spend hours goofing around and searching the net and there it all was, right in front of me the whole time. Oh well, good learning experience i guess. Post back and let us know what happens.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 03:53:26 AM »
Hi
I have a Yoo machine working so if the previous reply doesn't help I am happy to send you my settings.
I did find the touch off probe was wired the wrong way. so suggest you manually touch the probe to the tool (WITH NOTHING GOING) to see if yous is ok.
Let me know if I can help.
Is it a parallel port unit or something newer?
Cheers Rob