Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:43:22 PM

Author Topic: Tool 0 ?  (Read 4366 times)

Tool 0 ?
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:41:29 AM »
I'm having a bit of a problem. I made a change but dont understand what I did. I tried to cut a simple "t" shaped object, instead of offsetting the cutter on the outside its cutting on the line on top of that it makes a funky cut no where near the tool path.
I have two pc's,  one it cuts perfect and the other is where the problem is. I checked all the setting, the differnce I could find is tool 0. On the problem pc it is all 0's on the pc that is working right its the default long number that comes preset. Also the problem machine runs the same gcode at a much faster rate at the same feed rate. Not sure that would have anything to do with it.
Short of reinstalling Mach3 is there a way to fix this.

Thank you
Don

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Tool 0 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 03:22:23 AM »
You can copy the .XML file from the good PC to the problem pc, that will ensure the settings are the same in both.

As for tool 0, go to MDI and enter T1 M6 and that will set tool 1 as default or what ever number you need.

The other thing you need to set is the tool offsets, they need to be the same in both PC's

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 09:11:51 AM »
You can copy the .XML file from the good PC to the problem pc, that will ensure the settings are the same in both.

As for tool 0, go to MDI and enter T1 M6 and that will set tool 1 as default or what ever number you need.

The other thing you need to set is the tool offsets, they need to be the same in both PC's

Graham.

Thank you, I have not changed to tool off-sets on either pc form the factory configuration. Would the tool off-sets be transfered with the xml? It seems odd that it cuts circles both inside and outside cuts just fine. It just seems to make cuts off the toolpath  and have a mind of its own with other shapes with other shapes. Now if I set the tool diameter to 0 it will stay on the tool path but will cut right on the line. I'll give the xml file a shot.

Thank you
Don

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 04:51:48 PM »
Hi Don,

post some pictures of the crazy tool path, it is sounding more like a lead in/out problem.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
Hi Don,

post some pictures of the crazy tool path, it is sounding more like a lead in/out problem.

Graham.

I'll see if I can figure out how to post a image after work. It cuts fine with one pc using the same gcode file. Its just a simple t or cross shaped object. As it turns the corner of the intersection part of the cross it cuts a big arc insteat of a line. It dose this only on one side of each section of the cross wether cutting live or simulating.

Thanks
Don

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 08:56:20 PM »
Sounds like the IJ mode is set wrong.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 11:32:53 PM »
Sounds like the IJ mode is set wrong.

Thank you, all fixed. I reloaded/installed a current version of Mach3 and part turned out beautiful.

Don