Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:03:07 PM

Author Topic: Initial setup help  (Read 2686 times)

Initial setup help
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:14:25 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could spot what I'm doing wrong here. I can't for the life of me figure this out. I have done everything I could think of. I'm hooking the motors up, more specifically trying to slave the a axis to the x axis. The x axis will move in one direction only. The a axis won't do anything. They're both enabled etc. I will upload my xml file in hopes that someone can see my error.
Re: Initial setup help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:25:24 PM »
Here is a little more info...
I just switched the driver and everything to the y axis and tried to slave the axis to the y and the same thing is happening. It's like I am not getting any direction signals. I even tried unchecking active low on both setups but nothing changes. So I am unable to get any axis to slave and I am also not getting direction signals.
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:15:18 AM »
Hi I am new to this but had a similar problem and my nut at the end on the stepper motor was loose I took Allen key tightened it and everything works well now might be worth a shot

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 05:55:25 AM »
Hey thanks for the suggestion, I don't think that's it my steppers are pretty loud I can her them when they move. Also, I reversed the motors and got the same results. I'll double check my sets crews on the gears though. Thanks again for the suggestion.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »
Does anyone have a parallel port pin diagram of which signals are which. I think my breakout board might be defective but I have no way of testing it without knowing which pins do what. Or is it as simple as taking the ports and pins settings and lining them right up with the pin numbers on the parallel port? If it is I think I'm going to go with the 4 axis Bob from xhc I think it was called mach motion or something. It's got to be better then this one I got from longs motors. Their documentation is just complete garbage. You should see the wiring diagram that they distribute with it. I guess you get what you pay for though.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 03:04:50 AM »
I don't know what country you are in but i have had great success with BOB's from CNC4YOU in the UK and CandCNC from the US, both well documented and both work perfectly.

Ports and pins seem to be specific to the board maker but the parallel port only has a fixed layout of ins and outs.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations I'll check them out. And my board is the cheap parallel port 6 axis board that comes with the longs motor kits.