Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:58:59 AM

Author Topic: SmoothStepper USB and Mach3  (Read 2601 times)

SmoothStepper USB and Mach3
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
Hi I have Mach3 version 3.043.066 that has ruined ok for a long time but I have suffered some crash or just freeze  in the middle of the job. I found that SmoothStepper USB could help avoiding this problem so I got me one. I read that I needed Mach3 version 3.043.062 in order to avoid problems. I have installed the SmoothStepper on Mach3 3.043.066 and have problem with homing and limit switch on the Z axis. In Diagnostic window all limits and home switches is working ok.

Reading at SmoothStepper forum I found that my Mach3 version could be the problem. Than my question is? Do I have to uninstall the Mach3 and reinstall the older version afterwards? What about the license?
Thank you
Gaute

PS I use the Mach3 on a combined 3D printer/router.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: SmoothStepper USB and Mach3
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 02:18:17 AM »
Hi Gaute,

Before you start, make a backup copy of your whole Mach3 folder.
Install the earlier version of Mach over the top of the existing installation (no need to uninstall anything).
Your license file will still be there in the new installation.
Copy your profile .xml file (typically Mach3Mill.xml) from your backup to the new installation.
(If you have modified the 1024.set screen then you will need to copy your modified version to the new installation - same with any macro's, brains, plug-ins, etc.).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:25:11 AM »
Thanks a lot Tweakie.
How do I go about if I put in a new PC? What about the license?
I use the Mach3 as a 3D printer. Will it work with Mach4 as well. The only thing I have done is to use the A axis to run the extruder motor, I think.
Gaute.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:45:33 AM »
Hi Gaute,

Your licence file is called    Mach1Lic.dat    and it is stored in the Mach3 folder.
The license file can be copied and transferred to your new PC.

Your existing license will not work with Mach4 - you will need a new license for that.  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 04:38:33 AM »
Fantastic, thank you!
Gaute