Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:28:51 PM

Author Topic: Where do button scripts live please?  (Read 2371 times)

Where do button scripts live please?
« on: August 23, 2015, 01:05:40 PM »
I've upgraded to '062 to solve a turn issue but my previous version in "MILL" mode had custom button scripts on the offset screen to drive a touch probe, and also for tool height setting.  I'd like to find these and transfer them to the new version but I can't find them!  Presumably not in the .xml file?

Where are they please?

John.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Where do button scripts live please?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »
They are in the screenset itself.
If you did not rename the screenset after you customised it then the likelihood is the upgrade will have overwritten it with the default screenset :(

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
Ah!  B*****r.  I have a copy of the old folder, with a new name, where is the screen set in that please?  And how do I transfer it?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Where do button scripts live please?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 05:54:49 PM »
If it is the default Mill screenset it will be called 1024.set, if lathe then 1024.lset.

You can just copy them into the new Mach3 folder and they will/should overwrite the originals.
I would however suggest you rename them to something else and then place them in the new Mach folder. You can then open them by going to the  View menu then Load Screen.
Remember to keep the file extensions as .set for mill and .lset for lathe.
If you open a .set in a lathe profile it will turn that profile into a mill profile the next time you open it and similar for a mill profile with a .lset screen.

You can however just rename a mill screenset  with the .lset file extension and it wil turn it into a lathe screenset and vice versa for a lathe screenset.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 04:39:29 AM »
Great, many thanks Hood, for this and much previous help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk