Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:28:11 AM

Author Topic: Setting up manual tool change  (Read 1825 times)

Setting up manual tool change
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:20:58 AM »
Hi
I'm in the midst of upgrading an old Morbidelli Author 504 P2P woodworking router to Mach3.

I've replaced the TRIA7500 controller with a CSMI/O IP/A with pendant and a few extra modbus I/O modules so I can (eventually) use all the drill spindles etc.

I have motion + homing working OK and am working on manual tool change. Before I pulled out the old controller I did (once) manage to get it to eject a tool and accept a new one, so I believe the mechanicals should be working OK (I say "believe" as the machine has obviously done a fair bit of work in it's time and some of the mechanical bits have needed a good service.

I have manuals and circuit diagrams for the machine, but they're not clear about what the various inputs and outputs to the electrospindles do, and in particular, what sequence is necessary to eject a tool. I've created a macro that allows me to cycle through the Outputs and toggle them individually, but I haven't hit on a combination that will eject the tool. To complicate matters, it's clear Morbidelli have implemented some rudimentary logic within the pneumatics as there are several pneumatic logical OR devices amongst the plumbing.

Is there any kind of standard or common usage amongst electrospindle I/O logic? My spindles are marked 11HP SCM "RTNINVER", which I suspect is a rebrand of a more common manufacturer but I can't find any more detail.

The I/O to/from the spindles (according to google translation of the Morbidelli circuit diagrams) is:
Outputs (to solenoids, air to spindle):
- spindle 60mm descent
- spindle 90mm descent
- unlock tool
- clamp extraction
- collet open

Inputs to controller (ie sensors + buttons):
- tool release button
- spindle locked sensor
- spindle rod sensor
- spindle clamp high sensor
- spindle clamp low sensor