Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:21:41 PM

Author Topic: Could I have a little clarification on licensing?  (Read 1737 times)

Could I have a little clarification on licensing?
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:41:15 AM »
I'm planning on using the software for commercial use (though actually making any money is very far away). And I wanted a little clarification before I purchased licensing. I plan to use only one machine, but would like to know if I can transfer the license to a backup computer if this one kicks the bucket (it's almost old enough to vote). Also I wanted to make sure it was possible to license it on a computer without an internet connection (I gather that it's a file I could transfer on a thumb drive, but would that actually work?).

Thanks, 
Owen

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Could I have a little clarification on licensing?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 01:43:17 PM »
If you are a commercial user then Artsoft  asks that, for each machine tool you are using,  you have a licence, they are relying on your integrity/honesty to do so.
 You can put the licence on as many computers as you wish for the likes of testing out programmes etc from the comfort of your office/home etc.
With Mach3 the licence is a file and you do not need to connect to the internet to  validate it.

Hood
Re: Could I have a little clarification on licensing?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »
Thanks!