Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:22:53 AM

Author Topic: Estop Button Pressed Error  (Read 22421 times)

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Re: Estop Button Pressed Error
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »
I used the firmware that Vital Systems sent me. I don't have the firmware number handy. But I suspect if you download the latest firmware, you will get the fix.

Offline Tr_G

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 07:45:59 PM »
9.01 is the latest firmware. Can you post a probe macro then I could see if its something with my macro file.

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 11:51:50 PM »

Message("Edge X Axis")
Code "G31 x100 F5"
sleep 100
While IsMoving()
Wend  
SetOEMDRO (800,0)
Sleep 300
Code"G01 X-.03 f1 "
sleep 1000
Code "g31 x100 f1"
While IsMoving()
Wend
SetOEMDRO (800,-.196)

Offline Tr_G

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »
Thanks Pofo for the code. I have tested it and as soon as the probe is contacted I get "Following error limit exceeded on Axis0 SERVO D". This is doing the same as my probe scripts. Maybe Vital Systems gave you a different firmware.

I updated from firmware 6.45 to 9.01 to do rigid tapping only to find out that tapping was removed from 9.01 to add features for Mach4. Now my probe doesn't work. Probably going to contact Vital Systems and see if they can get the files to get back to 6.45
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 01:02:24 PM »
Hello,

What plugin, firmware, and FPGA version are you using?

Here are some thoughts to get the issue fixed.

- Download the latest Firmware from this link: http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/dspmc/DSPMC_StepGen.zip
- Check if your firmware version is the latest.
- Check if your FPGA is the latest (because firmware version 6.45 is quite old)
- Check if your Mach3 plugin is the latest.

The firmware and FPGA version can be verified from the VSI Device Manager application, while the current plugin version can be verified from the DSPMC Status Window. Also, we used to get issues when people would copy the plugin file into the "C:\Mach3" folder, and not the "C:\Mach3\plugins" folder, you may want to take a look at that as well.

Also, there are some useful details that were indicated in the earlier posts of this thread, such as if your digitize and estop signals were mapped to the same digital input.

Although this may be negligible, there is an off-chance that this could be caused by the firmware config that we had added to our motion controllers sometime in the middle of last year. Upgrading a very old firmware to the very latest one may produce "unpredictable" effects as far as the on-board configuration goes. This, of course, shouldn't be a cause for concern if the gap in the firmware versions isn't so large. See page 10 of this user manual:
http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/VSI_Device_Manager_Manual.pdf

What you want to do is look over the "Firmware pins" in the firmware configuration and make sure that each setting is set to "-1" with an unchecked active low. Then click the "Download" button if you make any changes.

Hope this helps, and if you still see issues, let me know what plugin, firmware, and FPGA version you're using.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.