Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:03:41 PM

Author Topic: No Spindel Speed in Display after update, no threading...  (Read 2454 times)

Offline TomS

•  17 17
    • View Profile
No Spindel Speed in Display after update, no threading...
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »
Hello,
I've got a strange error (Mach3Turn): After upgrading from very old (but with function, R2.63) to newer software (3.43.057), the Spindle speed display on the screen does not work anymore, but in the Diagnostics menu the index pulse is shown! Ports + pins are correct. Whats this? After back-downgrading on R2.63 is the speed indicated correctly. Hm. Measurement the Signal with a DSO shows a perfectly Signal.
I've used another PC, exactly the same problem.
If I use testwise an ESS (3.043.066) and the same settings, the speed will shown correctly with the new software, but not on the LPT...
Can anybody help?
Best regard,
TomS

P.S.:
What is the best Version for Turning/Threading (without ESS)?
I think Hood wrote 3.043.057?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:38:00 PM by TomS »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: No Spindel Speed in Display after update, no threading...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »
Are you commanding a M3 or M4? You need to do that when using the parallel port now so that Mach knows that the spindle is turned on. Even if you do not have the actual spindle controlled from Mach it needs to be set  (spindle relays) as if it is. Art changed that a while back, why exactly I can not recall.

Regarding the version, I am using 062 but previously used 057. There was a false soft limit warning with 057, so if you use softlimits then I would say 062 is the one to use.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »
I have the same problem. No actual RPM displayed in newer versions after 2.63 but ports and pins correct. Not sure which version was the first to lose the actual RPM.

Also I think in 2.63 the threading works but fillets don't. I use the R value for fillet radius when G coding by hand. Not sure if the IJ ( or IK, what ever it is in Turn ) code works in 2.63.
So if I have a job with fillets I have to install a different version of Mach 3 then have to go back to 2.63 to cut threads.

I am now having trouble cutting long threads M20 x 170mm long. There seems to be slight variations in the feed rate. The thread is ok for the first 90mm then the cut gradually becomes wider over the rest of the thread due to pitch errors.
I've only done threads 75mm long maximum before this so I haven't noticed the pitch error. Maybe it's a rounding error when sensing the RPM before each cut. The RPM displayed is constant but only to zero decimal places.

Is there a version of Mach 3 with all these issues fixed ? I've been through the changelog and noticed they start talking about a threading plugin. Is this a separate plugin that needs to be installed so you can get the actual RPM to display ?
Is there a way to cut long threads without pitch errors ? I'm using the parallel port but could use a ESS if required, however I remember seeing somewhere on a forum that threading was not supported on the ESS.

Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »
Glen,
You should upgrade to at least version 3.043.38.
No plug in is required to do threading via the PP.

RICH