Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:47:14 AM

Author Topic: X2 Minimill cnc'd  (Read 42098 times)

X2 Minimill cnc'd
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:29:45 PM »
  For Sale  (Used)
Converted X2 mini mill from LMS that was put together by me, and had made all the parts that fit the machine. Ballscrews were done in my house, are from Roton, and replaced the origional ball's with oversize, to get a fair amount of backlash removed.Thinking back at the origional ball nuts was around + - 0.0017 to + - 0.0036 to + - 0.0018 To this day it will hold + - in X and Y to 0.001 and Z - 0.0005 that is at around 70 to 88 degrees F. here in Florida, garage kept indoors.
The belt drive is of my own design, which looks like so many familure designs, but a little here, and little there, and uses an vacume cleaner V belt, that is readily available at any store around here.  Made the ball nut mounts, before there was any available online, and a few other changes to the gibs and the cast rubbing plates for the gibs. Most screws got change to imperial on most of the machine and castings were cleaned and milled accordingly. The motors are 521oz 34 nema OLD round type, as all I could get at that time, was a fair deal from Camtronics, which I also bought there controller box also, with Gecko 201's inside, and wired for the motors at peak preformance from Dan. Rapids can get to 140 ipm, but 90-95 ipm is just fine.The Controller Box  ( Is Not For Sale.  Also, the stepper Motors Only and handwheels I would like to KEEP ,as they are for another build, and Not included in the deal)  , the couplings, stay with the machine.  You would need to get a controller anyway and rewire your new motors to suit.  It comes with the original spindle motor, extra brushes, and origional controller from LMS and works fine, but could use more torque as many have changed this to a surplus center KB unit or other. Never had an issue with anything except operator error, It happens to the best of us. Many spare parts are included with the mill, if you want, as I have no use for, or if you would like to go back to maunal operation, Note: some parts are broken and or bent from the cnc conversion. It is a fine mill, no trailer queen, and has made many many parts, and replacement parts, for the home, and community around here, every body always wants something to be fixed because they don't make it anymore, or its too expensive, and the favorite is, its got to be HD, Tim Allen  aka. Tool Man Stuff. On one note someone asked about the ballscrew in the back being mounted for the head, and said it would stick or something to that effect, and my reply is, it goes up straight, and comes down straight, been trammed once, and has remained that way for years and counting, even made all the parts for my new mill on it, and client parts also, had no worries, or doubts about it, for what it could, or could'nt do, besides being TOO small for my needs now. I'm happy with the results. Now the LOWDOWN is, Local Pickup Only !!!!!!!, OR... USA ONLY..  If you have Any Questions, I'll be glad to answer, for I am busy making parts for clients, and other parts building, and a life.  Please Be Patient !  I'm not going anywhere, Just Busy.   Asking Price is   $800.00 ??  AS IS........  
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:56:02 PM by Chaoticone »
Re: X2 Minimill cnc'd
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »
WoW! Tough Crowd..
I rethought the motors, and have decided to let them go with the mill,as it is all setup and ready to run,just add a contoller and PS and your favorite Mach or other, to run. I asked for Local Pick up cause you can see it run here, before you decide, and also go through all the Extra Parts, and other stuff that you might be interested in, timing belts and such, for NO Aditional cost, stuff I no longer want or need anymore. I also thought about the AS IS Price, and would concider $ 700.00 or Best. I'd Like to sell my HF lathe CNC'd, but can't cut my nose of spite my face right now. Someday. Any Questions, Comments, Welcomed.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 11:31:55 AM »
Hi where are you located. thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »
kck631, PM sent.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »
Hi All,
Sorry about being away from this post as I had to have a urgent medical situation to attend to, still recovering. I think I need to lower the price as I now am looking at some room to get so I can move around in the shop, as soon as I recover. That said I now am ASKING $ 400.00 for the mill, AS IS, and all the extra parts Included, PLUS, anything that you see you can use, ie. extra dc motors, controllers, and a piece of Roton ball screw and nut, which I'll cut, xl belts. Still have to have you pick this up, or let's see what we can do. I hate to not have the mill run before you buy, but if you have a reasonable solution, I'm open to the suggestion.  Thanks   Hank S.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »

BUMP;   All these look's, and no Offer, or Suggestion!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
So what part of the country are you in..

Garry
g m fo s t er at g ma il . co m

Thanks
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
Hi All,
Hope You All had a Peace Full, and Thank Full, Thanksgiving. 
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 07:38:54 PM »
Hello All,
I have come to the conclusion that the stepper motors are no long available for the Mini Mill, and have been donated to the other machine build that I had mentioned in a previous post that they would end up there. Mill is still FOR SALE, and will be put on the back burner. I have a set of Linear rails, that and with some down time, I might fabricate on the machine. Pick-Up is still the same, considered the costs, TOO much to box and ship. Weight and Packaging and Four boxes are just not going to happen, Outrageous Price's, and also will be asking $300.00 USD or Best Offer Considered, along with all the rest of the parts and pieces that were offered before at no extra cost.  Thanks Again.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 06:41:55 PM »
Where might the local pickup be at?
Don