Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:43:05 PM

Author Topic: Problem in CSMIO IP A configuration  (Read 13056 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in CSMIO IP A configuration
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 08:13:24 AM »
Ok Proper shielding made so many things working still getting that encoder error
Shielding is usually not needed with differential signalling as long as the pairs are twisted, having said that, shielding and correctly grounding the shield will do no harm.

One more issue i observed during trial is, my axis movement is less in one side

i ran x axis for say 5 mm and my encoder count goes from say 25000 to 65000 (if 4000 count for 0.5 mm or 1 revolution), when i gave reverse command then it stops physically after 3 mm movement only. At this time count is also less 41000 (it should be stopped at 25000) which shows controller asked drive to stop at 3 mm. can you suggest why?[
Do the DROs in Mach show the distance as completed or do they show you are out of position? ie if you zero the DRO then command a move to X5 then command a move back to X0, does the DRO show X0 or something else?

One more problem is in MDI
i can not use MDI because it giving strange movement (same direction run whatever command i gave, not stopping at the desired location)

Is it related to CS controller?

I think, as previously mentioned this may be bad signals from encoder to CSMIO. Do you have a scope so that you can look and see what the differential signals look like?

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 08:14:37 AM »
BTW post your xml and I will take a look, might not be for a few days or more as I likely won't be about.
Hood
Problem in CSMIO IP A configuration
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 08:48:30 AM »
2) dro and mach shows motion completed. Only physical movement is not there

3) its not encoder as its same direction in mach dro also. Mach dro also moves in same direction irrespective of my command

I will post my xml as soon as i go to the machine

Sent from my iPhone
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »
Hi

I replaced encoders and now all errors gone

Taken a trials of all axis then finally tried on a sample job

Problem is x axis is shifting at one end. I mean x axis is traveling more in one direction although its a very small error but getting accumulated and being a large enough not to avoid

Can you suggest problem?

If my step pulse setting is not correct, i should have inaccurate travel but same in both directions, right?

Sent from my iPhone

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 05:51:49 AM »
If the DRO in Mach is showing correctly then I would say that either you still have encoder issues or you have some sort of mechanical issues that is allowing the components to slip slightly before gripping and thus it does not move the correct distance in one direction.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 01:57:35 AM »
Every thing is working as it should.

Now i have one mpg and i want to connect it with CSMIO IP/A

can i connect it directly? Is it compulsory to purchase MPG module from cs lab?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 02:51:27 PM »
Not sure if you can or not, try and see by setting the input port and pin numbers up as a MPG in Mach Ports and Pins.

If it works then fine, it will certainly not be as good as the CSMIO does via the MPG module but it should work the same way as it would with the parallel port or most other external controllers.

Hood
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 04:29:12 AM »

Attached is snap of the mpg diagram

What settings do i need in mach,? I never used mpg

Sent from my iPhone
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 06:31:22 PM »
Hello Hood,

My MPG encoder is 5V signal so how can i connect it? If i connect as an input to CSMIO then it should be 24 Volt. Can i connect as an encoder input? If yes, then what setting i will need to do in MACH? I mean I know how to set DI/DO in mach but dont know about encoders.
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 06:37:51 PM »
Hello

I know how to connect all buttons. I have to connect to normal CSMIO DIs and set OEM trigger code according to that DI

My question is, how should i connect encoder to CSMIO? If I connect it to Encoder number 3, should i set MACH port & Pin - MPG A+ Port 10 pin 3, MPG A- Port10 pin 3??