Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:26:36 AM

Author Topic: Lightmachines Post  (Read 3121 times)

Lightmachines Post
« on: April 30, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »
Hi all. We, i.e.  at work,  are about to take delivery of a Light machines Mill purchaced at Gov. auction. It also comes with a neat Haas 5c rotary device as a 4th axis.  Does anyone know of a post processor for Mach 3. I should soon have the model numbers and the type of controllers that are on board this machine. Just want to get a head start . Any help here? .
Re: Lightmachines Post
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:39:01 PM »
How is everything in NH :) ( I think that was you )

Mach3 as you know is used to run the machine not to make code like a Cam program. So I think that you are asking if we can make mach3 run the mill by just hooking up a few wires... Well it is not that simple :( I have looked at a light machines box and I can tell you that they will not tell you the pinout for the controller :o

So I think the best thing that you can do at this time is to look into getting small 3 axis board and change out the driver ( they are not that great in the first place)

Hope that helps
Brian

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:18:04 PM »
Hi Brian. All is well with me. Since our last comunication I found that my gantry, a K2CNC machine was not strong enough to mill aluminum, so I've been in rebuild mode. I've built and rebuilt my gantry and then switched to upgrading my mini mill. I've designed and redesigned it at least five times. Each time it gets better and stronger, but I'm no closer to an operating machine. In short I have'nt even used Mach 3 for a full run yet! Well at work my boss isn't even sure what comes with the machine, so I may be getting back to you soon for insight and advice. I hope that will be o.k. with you of course. Talk to you soon. Killa
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:01:04 PM »
I think that you will have no trouble with that mill cutting AL ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com