Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:14:39 PM

Author Topic: Final Machine!  (Read 3301 times)

Final Machine!
« on: July 20, 2015, 02:48:38 PM »
Hi everybody!  We just finished and delivered the machine we've been working on for the past 6 months to the customer!  Our thanks go out to everyone who helped answer questions we've had on this project throughout the way.

It is a CNC plasma cutter that cuts patterns for door inserts that is completely automated (except for user input to start the job).  This project is the culmination of the efforts of a couple people.  I wish I had more pictures to share of the assembly process but due to the production process of the machine I was only allowed to post the final outcome video.

This machine was programmed using PLC/HMI ladder logic (Allen Bradley), Kepware OPC Server, C++ (used MachRemote from the SDK as a boilerplate starting point, THANK YOU FOR THIS TOOL!), Mach 3 (vbscript macros were very important), and this utilized an SQL server to pull jobs from a table.  The gcode job files were all generated automatically by another company and were placed into a directory made available to us.

https://youtu.be/iNm1ICjzpO8

Hope you enjoy it!
Re: Final Machine!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 03:30:47 PM »
Congratulations on the build, looks really professional !

Looks like you're flipping a channel and torching both sides ... all in one fixture load ?

"I love it when a plan comes together."

Thanks for posting !

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 03:41:23 PM »
Yes, the part is loaded into the fixture and has both sides cut on a middle mirror point so they come out lined up perfectly.

The part is flipped using a pneumatic rotational cylinder and shuttled in and out using a (long) piston cylinder.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »
An excellent looking (and performing) build - thanks for sharing the information and video.

Tweakie.
PEACE