Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:37:30 AM

Author Topic: Problem with new machine.  (Read 2315 times)

Problem with new machine.
« on: July 15, 2015, 11:59:11 PM »
Hey guys. I bought a shopmaster cnc mill. It came with a computer motherboard with windows xp installed and a demo mach3 installed. It has no internet conection. I downloaded my mach3 license on to a usb drive and installed it into the demo mach3 and it installed fine but now my stepper motor wont work. When i open mach3 i get N error message saying dll plugin defective. I hit ok and it says uc100 plugin defctive found ignoring. I hit ok and mach3 opens. I have the uc100 on my other computer not on my new machine. I have a pmdx-122 on the new machine. Should i erase mach3 and reinstall the newest version. Do i need to get another license for the new machine. Please help. Thanks.
Re: Problem with new machine.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
Sorry about the rambling in the original post. I got the error message to go away. Just erased the plugin from the new machine computer but still cant get motors to turn. Im trying to erase all mach3 stuff and going to reload. Any help would be nice. Thanks.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:12:35 PM »
Well reinstalled mach3 redid all my settings the way they were and still no movement. The machine worked fine before installing the license. The machine has a pmdx-122  and gecko 203. Im thinking im not getting the signal from the pmdx-122 to the stepper motors. Motors are not engaged. Do i have to install this board somehow or do it just work wben plugged in.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »
Ok i figured it out. The estop button i installed was causeing th problem. But the estop button worked fine. Removed the button and reinstall the makeshift jumper that was install in the pins before and it works fine now. Pos.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »
I think I have the same machine, shopmaster 2015 mill turn, So far the only problem I have is the Z axis becoming intermittent after a few moves.
 Not familiar with MACH 3 yet. and this machine only has virtual limit switches. I have checked the cables and still having problem.
 any thoughts for help ?