Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:08:43 PM

Author Topic: How to set coordinates to specific values?  (Read 2561 times)

How to set coordinates to specific values?
« on: July 15, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
I have a plasma table with candcnc gear and I ran into a problem. I had to stop during a cut and restart the computer, but I was able to write down the x,y where the machine stopped. When I was ready to start again, I wanted to input the previous numbers, but I could not figure out how. I ended up zeroing it where it was, then i jogged to the negative of my coordinates and re-zeroed. This got the job done, but it would have been much easier to just type in the coordinates. How do I do that?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How to set coordinates to specific values?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:10:15 PM »
First you feedhold till motion stops then STOP. Write down the numbers of XY. When restarted AND IF you have not moved the table. Just input teh X values in the DRO and press enter then do the Y dro and press enter. THEN you are ready to go.  NOTE the table may not be exactly to the exact  step at the correct location but should be very close within a step or so.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:32:50 AM »
I thought that was how to do it, but it will not let me input numbers. I tried on the program run page and the diagnostic page but not dice. For example, I click on the x value, it highlights, i type numbers, hit enter, but the numbers go right back to where they were. I'm using the candcnc DTHC IV ether-cut screen.
How to set coordinates to specific values?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »
Try return not enter...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »
I bet you are running in Machine coords ??? switch back to Work coords.

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 02:05:25 PM »
How do you switch from machine to work coordinates?